Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

Just now, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Our beloved clown show ain't the $400,000,000 kind.

I know that, but that would be the reason. Offer him the most money. After all, poor little ricky couldn't have been lying yesterday when he said the money would be spent, right? 

• Love 1

I would be excited if we signed Harper, but the disappointment when he signs elsewhere for me personally won't even come close to what I felt yesterday.

Harper is going to be a bad contract.  We have a slew of OF prospects.  The fit isn't that great.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I really want him off the team. His comments today were infuriating for me. Not his fault he was hung out to dry by the FO, but he provides absolutely zero benefit to being here right now.

I suspect he'll be shipped out as soon as Hahn finds someone who will absorb his salary.  That could be this week, it could be in June.  

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I know that, but that would be the reason. Offer him the most money. After all, poor little ricky couldn't have been lying yesterday when he said the money would be spent, right? 

I have a hard time believing that the Sox aren't/wouldn't be offering Harper anything other than 7/150 with 250m in "incentives" and "escalators" 

Our FO is the junior league champions! 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Hahn was going on and on yesterday about being proud of their creativity. Yet they lost to pretty much a straight 10 year $30 million a year contract with limited no trade and an opt out after 5 years. 

Why is he proud? He lost. I thought this was binary.

What is there to be proud of? They lost to a standard contract! No one wants to hear how you built a losing deal that completely misestimated what it would take to get it done. Unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Hahn is going to be on 670 with Holmes later tonight. They're going to try and bullshit this again. 

I like to believe Laurence is not going to pitch soft toss. As much as i'm not a huge fan of Parkins, I'd like to hear give Hahn the grilling he gave Pax.

Edited by mqr

Just now, almagest said:

What is there to be proud of? They lost to a standard contract! No one wants to hear how you built a losing deal that completely misestimated what it would take to get it done. Unbelievable.

This FO really is at the GarPax level of incompetence. They're all a bunch of morons. To be honest Hahn and Kenny were GarPax before GarPax was GarPax. If you paid any attention from 2014-2016 you should have known this was coming. 

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

I like to believe Laurence is not going to pitch soft toss. As much as i'm not a huge fan of Parkins, I'd like to hear give Hahn the grilling he gave Pax.

Oh hell yeah. Both the Sox and Bulls FO deserves to be roasted, blasted, what have you on a daily basis. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

This FO really is at the GarPax level of incompetence. They're all a bunch of morons. To be honest Hahn and Kenny were GarPax before GarPax was GarPax. If you paid any attention from 2014-2016 you should have known this was coming. 

They did a good job deceiving us these past few years. Fucking ponzi scheme to  fatten up JR’s bank account.

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes, it will...  on a collection of mediocre veteran retreads over the next ten years that the front office will think can turn it around and have career years upon signing for more than they are worth.

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Yes, it will...  on a collection of mediocre veteran retreads over the next ten years that the front office will think can turn it around and have career years.

As long as Uncle Jerry is alive, you're probably right. That is their modus operandi. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Okay, reasons for us to still be optimistic about Harper:

1.  The Sox non-tendered Avi.  They didn't do that to sign Adam Jones, and it's highly doubtful they did it to give Palka 150 starts there.

2. The Sox met with and recruited Harper at a time when it was already known that Harper had turned down a $300 million offer.  Kenny's comment yesterday doesn't make any sense in regards to Harper.

3.  The Sox sent Jim Thome to court Harper.  IMO they don't do that to not be involved now, when Harper's market really hasn't changed much since that meeting.

4.  Bucket said in early January that the Sox felt good about where they were with Harper.  Rabbit tweeted yesterday that Reinsdorf had budgets in place for signing both Harper and Machado.

5.  The Phillies have their limits.  We saw it with Corbin, we saw it with Machado, and Klentak said as much yesterday.  They are not unbeatable.

6.  After the fall out from yesterday, I fully expect that Boras will reach out to Hahn and/or Jerry.  Boras is our best friend right now.  His specialty is generating interest when the current interest might be low.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

Okay, reasons for us to still be optimistic about Harper:

1.  The Sox non-tendered Avi.  They didn't do that to sign Adam Jones, and it's highly doubtful they did it to give Palka 150 starts there.

2. The Sox met with and recruited Harper at a time when it was already known that Harper had turned down a $300 million offer.  Kenny's comment yesterday doesn't make any sense in regards to Harper.

3.  The Sox sent Jim Thome to court Harper.  IMO they don't do that to not be involved now, when Harper's market really hasn't changed much since that meeting.

4.  Bucket said in early January that the Sox felt good about where they were with Harper.  Rabbit tweeted yesterday that Reinsdorf had budgets in place for signing both Harper and Machado.

5.  The Phillies have their limits.  We saw it with Corbin, we saw it with Machado, and Klentak said as much yesterday.  They are not unbeatable.

6.  After the fall out from yesterday, I fully expect that Boras will reach out to Hahn and/or Jerry.  Boras is our best friend right now.  His specialty is generating interest when the current interest might be low.

LMMFAO! Get real dude.