Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah, I think they sign Marwin Gonzales and Ervin Santana

To be honest, I don't think they sign anyone. This is your team. Maybe they sign CarGo or Adam Jones because they need a competent RF but other than them, I don't see it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Look, I get why we shouldn't have a lot of optimism in this FO to actually outsmart anyone and make a play for Harper. But if I'm the Sox, I WANT Nightengale putting information out there saying the Phillies are bidding against themselves so that we can try to sneak in with a winning (panic?) bid that beats what the Phils consider "good enough".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Look, I get why we shouldn't have a lot of optimism in this FO to actually outsmart anyone and make a play for Harper. But if I'm the Sox, I WANT Nightengale putting information out there saying the Phillies are bidding against themselves so that we can try to sneak in with a winning (panic?) bid that beats what the Phils consider "good enough".

This team is run by a clown college of morons. They're not smart enough to pull that off. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

To be honest, I don't think they sign anyone. This is your team. Maybe they sign CarGo or Adam Jones because they need a competent RF but other than them, I don't see it. 

If they can't sign Harper they shouldn't sign anyone. They have a reasonable option to fill every position and a long-term plan for those positions once they move Moncada to 3b. No other option is a better use of money, and if positions of need to appear they could just fill it with a mid-level free agent next offseason for the same type of price. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're going to get another starting pitcher.  At this point, I would be furious if they sign CarGo or Jones.  

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If they can't sign Harper they shouldn't sign anyone. They have a reasonable option to fill every position and a long-term plan for those positions once they move Moncada to 3b. No other option is a better use of money, and if positions of need to appear they could just fill it with a mid-level free agent next offseason for the same type of price. 

Completely agreed. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, fathom said:

They're going to get another starting pitcher.  At this point, I would be furious if they sign CarGo or Jones.  

I really need to stop reading this forums because everytime I see someone's post I think of how the sox can turn something into a negative.   

Like signing Cargo and Kuechel for way over their value.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

I really need to stop reading this forums because everytime I see someone's post I think of how the sox can turn something into a negative.   

Like signing Cargo and Kuechel for way over their value.  

Even a fair contract for them is a poor contract for this franchise. Congratulations, you spent $25 million on them, and your team will now win 70 games next year instead of 67. This is the type of success you wanted to bring with that money and a great value, right?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Even a fair contract for them is a poor contract for this franchise. Congratulations, you spent $25 million on them, and your team will now win 70 games next year instead of 67. This is the type of success you wanted to bring with that money and a great value, right?

OMFG quit giving Rick and Kenny ideas.