Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

33 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Boras is drumming up the Cubs to get the teams to offer more.. bid against themselves. No one is taking Heyward. 

I believe this to be the case with the LAD too... I think the we have the best offer and nobody else is really bidding but Boras is trying to get us to up our offer.

1 minute ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

At what point do the Sox stop waiting on Harper? I know the media is spinning things for the Dodgers and Cubs but do we listen to it? Do we stop our offer with Bryce and just give Manny a crazy offer? I'm sure we have given our final offer to Manny, but I'm interested to hear your opinions.

I wouldn't stop waiting on him. I think there is still a chance to land both (though small). And Harper could ignite the fan base unlike Machado would. it doesn't hurt to wait it out.

2 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

At what point do the Sox stop waiting on Harper? I know the media is spinning things for the Dodgers and Cubs but do we listen to it? Do we stop our offer with Bryce and just give Manny a crazy offer? I'm sure we have given our final offer to Manny, but I'm interested to hear your opinions.

The White Sox can wait as long as it takes. They aren't trying to fill holes to win in 2019.

4 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

They can wait as long as possible. Not like they'll turn their attention to another OF to try to compete. It's pretty much Harper/Machado or bust.

1 minute ago, aeichhor said:

With what money? 

The Cubs print money and they are going to start printing more. Not only the new TV deal, they have bought up a good portion of their neighborhood.  People are going to be paying them all day.

The question is how much luxury tax are they willing to pay. To add Harper to their team, it might be more than anyone believes. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The Cubs print money and they are going to start printing more. Not only the new TV deal, they have bought up a good portion of their neighborhood.  People are going to be paying them all day.

The question is how much luxury tax are they willing to pay. To add Harper to their team, it might be more than anyone believes. 

If they had this money wouldn't they be paying for pitching?

1 hour ago, southsideirish71 said:

With what magical money.  No one is taking Heyward.

Yea the only thing that suggests the Cubs and Dodgers might be the favorites is the headline which is click bait. All Heyman said is that the Cubs might be more likely to be taking Harper more seriously than the Dodgers Not once did anyone say either should be considered a favorite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

If they had this money wouldn't they be paying for pitching?

Maybe. But there are no Bryce Harpers out there and maybe their new cable partner is willing to throw even more money at them if they get Harper and basically try to force cable and satellite systems to add them to their line ups.

18 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If this was the case, why not use that theoretical money to shore up actual areas of team needs, like the bullpen and rotation? Harper is a great add for whichever team he eventually signs with, but the Cubs have much bigger areas of need.

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils