Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yep, there has been absolutely zero with the Sox and Harper since Vegas.

That might not be a bad thing. Also, raBBit tweeted positively about it the other day.

If the Phillies get Machado, I think we get Harper. If we get Machado, I think the Phillies get Harper. I don't see either team getting outbid twice.

3 hours ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Links...

I can't find the article I saw on my phone earlier that explained these tweets, but here are the 2 tweets....

Weird that they would call out the idea of returning to Washington as a lie....

Then....

They made the link say "Phanatic" like the Philly Phanatic mascot, and when you click the link, it redirects to the following CBS Sports article saying that Harper and the Phillies are set to meet in Vegas on Saturday. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/phillies-free-agent-bryce-harper-schedule-face-to-face-meeting-in-las-vegas-on-saturday-report-says/

Could The Show be involved in some sort of reveal that he is going to the Phillies? Like they reveal the cover of the video game and that is how we all find out what team he picked? Seems weird that they would say "cancels Saturday plans" as if his meeting in Vegas has anything to do with anyone outside of that meeting.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I can't find the article I saw on my phone earlier that explained these tweets, but here are the 2 tweets....

Weird that they would call out the idea of returning to Washington as a lie....

Then....

They made the link say "Phanatic" like the Philly Phanatic mascot, and when you click the link, it redirects to the following CBS Sports article saying that Harper and the Phillies are set to meet in Vegas on Saturday. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/phillies-free-agent-bryce-harper-schedule-face-to-face-meeting-in-las-vegas-on-saturday-report-says/

Could The Show be involved in some sort of reveal that he is going to the Phillies? Like they reveal the cover of the video game and that is how we all find out what team he picked? Seems weird that they would say "cancels Saturday plans" as if his meeting in Vegas has anything to do with anyone outside of that meeting.

I think you're just reading way too much into it. They're posting based on the current stories.

• Like 1

I've said it before many times, there's no chance that the Nationals are in on Harper. Just none.

They made their respectful offer prior to the offseason to Harper as they should. With Harper wanting more, they had to move on with their stacked OF and they did so by filling holes. 

Every further move from them in regards to Harper is posturing to help Harper get a larger pay day. 

And personally -- If I was a Nats fan, I would want to move on from the Harper saga there. They haven't won much with him and could use a new style of play. Harper's better suited for a team like the Phillies or White Sox. 

Edited by iWiN4PreP

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The pulse on various Phillies message boards is that they will sign Harper, perhaps as early as Saturday, by finally giving out that stupid money. At least that's what someone that they seem to trust said. I suppose that would leave us with Machado

Well they lost out on Corbin, probably out on Machado. Harper? They might pull it off.  But I predict that its going to be a bad contract if they do.

Harper has less than 1% chance signing with the Nationals. I think that meeting and leaking of the $300mm offer was a "favor" to Boras. It was leaked out to help establish a floor... you must go ABOVE $300mm if you want a chance otherwise we have the Nationals. And then once that didn't work, I think they let it be known they were meeting again.... to again establish that if the current teams don't up their offer that he'll just resign w/ the Nats. Based on the luxury tax -- I just don't see that being real. If the Manny Deal truly comes in at under $250mm then I think its realistic that the Harper deal comes in under $300mm. We're in a very weird time in the MLB for free agents. The Miggy Cabrera & Albert Pujols deals never made sense but were necessary, now there's significant pushback. I actually see this as an opportune time to strike. Very opportune.

18 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Assuming the Sox land Machado, I kind of think it would be cool for Harper to go back to the Nats. It would be nice to see another superstar potentially go the length of their career with the same organization. We never get to see that anymore.

Well just from modern baseball we've got Votto, Kershaw, Mauer, Felix, Pedroia, Braun, Posey, Y. Molina - that's everyone with over 39 rWAR on a single team. Maybe some get dealt in their last year or something like that.

• Thanks 1

In reply to Brian Anderson....
If Harper can be had for under 300 million...We MUST push for both of them if we win Manny. To get both future HOFers for under 600 million combined would nearly set us up for a dynasty IF our prospects hit. I just can't believe offers are really gonna be this low though. 

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Like 1

Looks like the Reddit Harpo signing Saturday rumors were based upon hot air. No doubt there could be a meeting. I bet Scotties sees forums like this and gets all tingly. Certainly they are monitoring social media if not inventing it .

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils