Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

2 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Nightengale says the Phillies may offer 12 yrs/$350M. I'm hoping they offer it tomorrow and he signs. Let's take out another landing spot for Machado. And if you are the Phillies, you SHOULD be trying to steal Harper away from the Nats. Feed 2 birds with 1 scone.

That's a big offer. But I wouldn't be so sure that they wouldn't still go hard after Manny as well.

I think that Harper would take a 12-year, $350 million deal. Like it's been mentioned before, the opt-outs will be interesting. But 12-year, $350 million provides him a contract until he is 38. Also in terms of total money given, I think that would be the largest contract in baseball history.

24 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

That’s not even $30 million AAV. I don’t think it’s that impressive, nor anything he’d accept on the spot

Yup -- if he takes that, I'll be pretty upset that the White Sox weren't the team to offer it to him. 

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And I wouldn't mind stretching that deal out over 12 years versus the 8-10 most originally thought $350 million would pay for.

Yeah a 12 year deal for either of these players just doesn't seem so crazy to me. They would be done at the age of 38. Guys like Pujols, Cano, and Miggy are getting paid until they're what, 40, 41?

It does seem like a long time to be paying someone, but compared to those 10 years deals at 30/31, it doesn't seem as bad.

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Might still be meeting. It's like....5:45 in Vegas right now? They might be doing stuff all night like the Sox did with Machado. Might not find out until tomorrow.

After free agency ends, I think soxtalk needs a time zone class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Has literally nothing been said regarding the Phillies meeting with Harper? Dead silence?

The Phillies have been under the radar for the last month and a half tbh, it feels like they're gonna land one or both and itll come out of nowhere.

9 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

The Phillies have been under the radar for the last month and a half tbh, it feels like they're gonna land one or both and itll come out of nowhere.

Out of nowhere and under the radar? They have been linked to both quite frequently and at the forefront of conversations just like the Whitesox. 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:21 AM, Sockin said:

If they felt they were out of the Machado race they probably wouldn't have hired his mentor yesterday. Honestly this legitimately scares me at this point that they are going for both.

In all fairness their infield defense was terrible and needed to fill the position, it just helps he is connected to Manny but I don’t think the coach moves the needle one way or another. The stupid money would though.

38 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Out of nowhere and under the radar? They have been linked to both quite frequently and at the forefront of conversations just like the Whitesox. 

I feel as though the Sox and Yankees have taken up almost all the headlines re: Machado

34 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I feel as though the Sox and Yankees have taken up almost all the headlines re: Machado

Could be due to bias of being a White Sox fan. I'm sure phillies message boards are filled with their rumors on the two. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils