Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

23 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I mean I can't argue with your logic mainly because there is none.

Man we need to start teaching logic again in school.    You can't put two and two together?  If the market is trying to low ball them or not break the bank, then just fucking be the club that says "you're our target, we want you, and we will pay the most because you're OUR GUY".

Show the fucking love.  It's how Seattle got Cano.  And as we've seen, no contract is ever unmovable.  If Harper or Manny or both doesn't work out and the Sox find themselves rebuilding again, then taking on salary will expedite it.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Man we need to start teaching logic again in school.    You can't put two and two together?  If the market is trying to low ball them or not break the bank, then just fucking be the club that says "you're our target, we want you, and we will pay the most because you're OUR GUY".

Show the fucking love.  It's how Seattle got Cano.  And as we've seen, no contract is ever unmovable.  If Harper or Manny or both doesn't work out and the Sox find themselves rebuilding again, then taking on salary will expedite it.

The market is trying to low ball them? The market is the market. If you goto McDonalds do you say shit you are only charging 1.99 for those McNuggets you should at least be charging 4.99 here is a 5 dollar bill. Like wtf?

And the Cano contract was unmovable they had to attach assets, eat 20 million, and take on a bad contract. Fielder is another guy who comes to mind Boras dealt with Illitch directly guy was older knew he wasn't going to be around long and paid his prices regardless of what the market actually was. How did that work out for them?

Samson was being interviewed who used to work for the Marlins and when the contract of Wei was brought up he said Boras specifically goes after older owners and tries to bypass GM's he called it disgusting. Well some would call what Loria did disgusting but I digress. In any case Hahn will know what the market is better then anyone let him call the shots as soon as I hear Jerry Reinsdorf being involved my ears start to perk up like Oh thats interesting and maybe you'll get your wish. Maybe Harper will get 10/400 eventhough the Yankees and Dodgers both have said they are not interested in a record breaking contract.

Edited by wrathofhahn

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Chris Davis says "Hello".  And Jacoby Ellsbury is waving at you from the DL.  But your point is well taken.

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I don’t but maybe you’ll like this then

1 minute ago, fathom said:

this guy is very legit

I don’t mean to question the guy himself, but rather the quality of his source.  Either way, I still think all these L.A. rumors we’ve been hearing are Boras plants intended to drive up the price for us or the Phillies.  They are better than a mystery team because they provide both the threat of money & a desirable location.  I just don’t see Friedman spending $350M+ on a OF who’s been more than name than production these past few years. 

12 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Pujols?  Miggy?   

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Don't know if I believe this but Olney retweeted it.. 

Steve Phillips‏Verified account @StevePhillipsGM

It seems to me that the #Phillies interest in Bryce Harper is overblown if in fact they did not meet with him and Scott Boras in Las Vegas. If a player is one of your primary offseason targets and he is taking visitors down the street, you stop by and say hello.

33 minutes ago, bmags said:

Seems hard to believe they couldn’t verify if a visit happened. Would Boras really keep that secret?

I wanna say they had a Phillies guy on mlb network Wednesday during the winter meetings and that he even said they haven't met with harper as of yet. Also seemed that machado was more of a target then Harper was. 

Edited by aeichhor

40 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

It seems to me that the #Phillies interest in Bryce Harper is overblown if in fact they did not meet with him and Scott Boras in Las Vegas. If a player is one of your primary offseason targets and he is taking visitors down the street, you stop by and say hello.

Well, he's a former GM, which should mean he has connections, but Jim Bowden is also a former GM, and he's always wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

11 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

I wanna say they had a Phillies guy on mlb network Wednesday during the winter meetings and that he even said they haven't met with harper as of yet. Also seemed that machado was more of a target then Harper was. 

Thanks, that’s wild.

2 hours ago, EvilJester99 said:

There's also this at mlb.com

Thursday's visit seems to confirm that, particularly because the Phils never met with Harper during the Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. Harper lives in Vegas, and he reportedly met with other teams there.

In any event, that seems to make two teams downplaying interest while the White Sox are silent.

Edited by G&T

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils