Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

I've decided to stfu about my opinion on the matter and just enjoy the ride. No need to be super negative about everything. I wish people would be more grounded, but whatever. I'm just gonna talk about the latest news and tweet going forward. 

There is this guy on another board for a different sport that is overly negative about everything that I can't stand and I realized I'm turning into him on here. 

I hope everyone likes my new avatar because if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

29 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

How so? I expect this FO to make it happen. If they can't, they can leave. Look at the Bulls and all of their second and third place finishes in free agency. There is no award for trying. 

Because some fans " expect " it to happen. Yes the Sox have money to spend and plenty of payroll space. But those are not the only deciding factors. If Manny wants to play for the Yanks, the Sox can't help that. If Harper wants to take his hair to sunny California , the Sox can't help that. The Sox cannot force these guys to sign with the Sox. 

At the end of the day, the Sox are the 3rd worst team in baseball and despite knowing this big free agency winter was coming up, they chose not to showcase a bit of the future last year.

Eloy probably deserved to be called up in July. If he was called up and then tore up August and September, the Sox have a stronger sales pitch to these guys. Right or wrong, the Sox prioritized that extra year of control.

• Haha 1

Baseball is all about dreaming great things for your team then moving on if it doesn't happen.

Stop pouring cold water on my dreams.  It's basically all we have as fans right now.

I'm a big boy that can take the disappointment if it happens, just let me enjoy the moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't doubt that the Dodgers could acquire Harper. I just doubt that they would be foolish enough to spend that kind of money on one player. They simply don't need to do that. They already have the fan support and lots of good players. Why would they elect to commit that much money to one guy, especially a player who is not nearly the best player in baseball? As some of us have argued; the Sox may "need" to do it, but the Dodgers don't.

6 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

Because some fans " expect " it to happen. Yes the Sox have money to spend and plenty of payroll space. But those are not the only deciding factors. If Manny wants to play for the Yanks, the Sox can't help that. If Harper wants to take his hair to sunny California , the Sox can't help that. The Sox cannot force these guys to sign with the Sox. 

Unless they have pictures................

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I don't doubt that the Dodgers could acquire Harper. I just doubt that they would be foolish enough to spend that kind of money on one player. They simply don't need to do that. They already have the fan support and lots of good players. Why would they elect to commit that much money to one guy, especially a player who is not nearly the best player in baseball? As some of us have argued; the Sox may "need" to do it, but the Dodgers don't.

The dodgers are paying Kershaw 31M per year so Harper's salary wouldn't be that much more than Kershaw's.

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils