Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

Sounds like Harper is waiting on LA to move some bodies. If it does not work out he might just as well play here. Maybe the Dodgers would send us Puig. Scott Boras is in Heaven with the Sox jumping into the market. This is what he lives for.  My view is to set limits with time and money,  and don't get caught up in the market madness. 

3 hours ago, pcq said:

Sounds like Harper is waiting on LA to move some bodies. If it does not work out he might just as well play here. Maybe the Dodgers would send us Puig. Scott Boras is in Heaven with the Sox jumping into the market. This is what he lives for.  My view is to set limits with time and money,  and don't get caught up in the market madness. 

I want the Sox not helping the Dodgers in anyway if it means helping them get Harper. Let the Dodgers figure out their mess on their own.

3 hours ago, pcq said:

No thanks. We aren't a stepping stone. No need to help the Dodgers get him. 

57 minutes ago, Sockin said:

You beat Fathom to one of these twitter/blogger type rumors.

I know most of the time its people guessing. Sometimes people get it right and perhaps this is one of those times.

Just strikes me as odd that a deal of this magnitude would leak as there have been a few similar rumors recently like this, to low level people like this without any of the big guys snooping and commenting on it.

At this point here's the way I'm approaching free agency MLB:

First off, I'm as addicted as anyone. I check this site, twitter, and Rotoworld every 30 minutes sans sleep. 

I'm assuming Harper is going to LAD. It makes sense, there's a lot of smoke and most rumors coming out now are that ChW won't go the distance with the contract. We've also had the Yonder trade to appease Machado perhaps signaling their direction. 

I'm still watching every Harper rumor because LAD has a lot of issues with this. Their financial ability, their stacked OF already... I don't see why from their perspective they'd do something like this. In fact, I think this is a bad move for LAD. I think getting Harper is a great move for ChW.

I am fully expecting the White Sox to get Manny Machado. It also makes sense for Phi. It makes little to no sense for NYY.

They absolutely need to get one of these two with their moves this offseason and the rumors surrounding everything. At this point, when you bring in Alonso for the purpose of targeting Manny, we make some questionable moves with Nova, Colome, and McCann, going into the season with this boring lifeless team would be a death sentence for the fan base.

43 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

White Sox not willing to sign Harper or Manny to a record setting contract....I take it that it means we aren't signing them then 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/25539918

Not sure how we'll ever know the truth. But if this is true, then Rick Hahn has been lying to us the past couple of years. He has said over and over that the money will be there when the time comes.

59 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

White Sox not willing to sign Harper or Manny to a record setting contract....I take it that it means we aren't signing them then 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/25539918

If it's true and they sign somewhere else, I'm not giving them any sort of credit for their efforts. Sorry. All this other feel good shit like trading for his brother in law only matters if you're still offering the most.

You can't really blame the front office for offering the highest contract only for him to sign somewhere else. Nothing you can do about that.

Edited by soxfan2014

17 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Not sure how we'll ever know the truth. But if this is true, then Rick Hahn has been lying to us the past couple of years. He has said over and over that the money will be there when the time comes.

If it comes out they were never willing to to over 7 years or over 30 mil a year or no opt-outs, then shame on them for trolling the fan base.  Hahn and KW would have done the exact opposite of what they’ve publicly said about earning the trust of the fans.

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

If it's true and they sign somewhere else, I'm not giving them any sort of credit for their efforts. Sorry.

Of course not. The problem for the Sox is, even if they did actually make a legit effort - their history bars us from giving them the benefit of the doubt. Add in the reports that JR quietly doesn't believe they will land one of the big fishes, and it kind of comes together for what it is. Or...what we hope it isn't.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If it comes out they were never willing to to over 7 years or over 30 mil a year or no opt-outs, then shame on them for trolling the fan base.  Hahn and KW would have done the exact opposite of what they’ve publicly said about earning the trust of the fans.

It won’t happen because the org is all in. We just all need to have patience.

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It won’t happen because the org is all in. We just all need to have patience.

I don’t disagree. You would hope they wouldn’t have wasted 30 million so far this offseason on what amounts to some pretty meager “upgrades”.  

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils