Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

19 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I guess they would do it if they consider Harper a considerable asset to their team on and off the field.

The problem is Harper doesn’t really impact their attendance or TV ratings that much, so the Cubs would be paying for on-field production.  Harper as a five win player may be worth $40M/year, but if it costs them Schwarber & Almora (or Contreras & Happ) does that really make them better?  I would consider any gain there to be marginal at best and now they’ve lost significant depth & financial flexibility.  I just don’t see how Harper makes any sense for them when they have far more obvious holes like in the bullpen.  To me, the Cubs are nothing more than a Boogyman Scott Boras has created for us to up our offer.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, tray said:

If the Sox somehow land Harper, I would try to trade for Kris Bryant. Not sure with what,,,,Perhaps Moncada plus Cease but not Eloy or Luis Robert.

This will never ever happen but boy oh boy would I love it for so many reasons.

Edited by almagest

8 minutes ago, tray said:

If the Sox somehow land Harper, I would try to trade for Kris Bryant. Not sure with what,,,,Perhaps Moncada plus Cease but not Eloy or Luis Robert.

Like 2 months ago we were half wondering if Bryant would ever be the same player again after that shoulder injury.

1 hour ago, tray said:

Highly unlikely that the Cubs would sign Harper (a guy that Bryant is best friends with) only to turn around and trade Bryant as a result. Chances of any Bryant trade: 0.001%

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Several of us here at soxtalk.com probably including me. If the cubs were willing to move him for any price, I'd consider that a turrible sign for their assessment of his health.

A lot of people were concerned about that and maybe that’s why the cubs are interested in bringing in Harper as well, a little bit of insurance in case  he doesn’t return to the norm

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

A lot of people were concerned about that and maybe that’s why the cubs are interested in bringing in Harper as well, a little bit of insurance in case  he doesn’t return to the norm

If the Cubs were really going for him it's because they would think teaming him with bryant gives them an advantage over teams with higher dollar value offers. I still don't believe a word of it, because you don't keep Scott Boras as your agent to take less money to play with your buddies.

23 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

Im back! Harper to Cubs rumors picking up steam?

Harper to Cubs picking up steam.  Machado to Yanks also picking up lots of steam.  HOWEVER, Sox apparently are firmly in the hunt for several declining overpaid veterans - Encarnacion being one of them.  

1 hour ago, Quinarvy said:

Uggghhhh

I get that it’s annoying to see, but we can’t think that picture means a lot while also dismissing the impact of the Alonso and Machado connection. I believe it’s irrelevant; whoever pays both players the most will get them. 

• Thanks 4

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils