Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 hour ago, Perfect Vision said:

Might as well put this here.  Not sure if this has any bearing on their pursuit of Bryce, other than the Phillies front office has obviously been splitting their attention with other things.

Its funny looking back at that draft and knowing that Sox fans were in full on meltdown on the idea that they might draft Nola, and probably would have if Rodon didn't fall.

11 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Seriously though, I don't see him signing with the Giants. Their ML team  is terrible and overpaid and the cupboard in the minors is pretty barren. Harper or not, I don't see the Giants being competitive over the next 5. years.

True. And more so than this, he wants to be seen as one of the best players ever when he retires. If he plays a decade in that ballpark, he will be losing 80-100 homers off his career total. No way he does that.

16 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If Harper is actually signing today (which I am skeptical about), I think it’s with us. It would be so White Sox in terms of the secrecy, misdirection, etc. 

My only other guess would be the Padres. 

$13 million would be a pricey misdirection. Especially no one really wants either Jay nor Alonso with Machado.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Why should I trust Chris Russell?

He's shown some good insight on the Harper chase earlier in the offseason, including knowing that Harper wasn't signing with the Phillies when Vegas thought he was, as Harper knew he had a meeting that week with the Padres.

• Thanks 1

Just now, shipps said:

So it was an educated guess that it was the Giants? Hmmmm This could be quite huge news. 

Yeah, nothing concrete there. I think his guess was based upon the fact that the Giants are the last team to have any sort of public connection to Harper. Sox are in on this. I hope it's true his decision is coming today...

Just now, South Sider said:

Yeah, nothing concrete there. I think his guess was based upon the fact that the Giants are the last team to have any sort of public connection to Harper. Sox are in on this. I hope it's true his decision is coming today...

I am totally up for a Harper decision either way. It will certainly set the wheels in motion for Machado and that will all be in Hahn's hands to pony up like he always knew he would have to do if he wanted to get either guy. 

1 minute ago, shipps said:

I am totally up for a Harper decision either way. It will certainly set the wheels in motion for Machado and that will all be in Hahn's hands to pony up like he always knew he would have to do if he wanted to get either guy. 

Exactly. At this point, I am excited for any final resolutions. Obviously, I'd be somewhat disappointed if it wasn't the Sox, but like everyone else around here it's all just gotten old to me.

Plus, if Sox miss Harper they still have a shot at Manny. 

3 minutes ago, shipps said:

I just really want harper to phillies because I have more confidence in being in a bidding war vs. padres.

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils