Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh Bruce...I’m pretty sure Heyman said he thought it was more likely the Cubs would land Harper than the Dodgers.  He never said either team was the lead team.

Love how he didn't directly "@" Heyman lol Bruce a little salty Heyman called him out last time for his BS AND his Cubbies being exposed a probable negotiation pawn.

• Like 2

Jon Heyman is a Scott Boras tool. Always has been. If he is the source of the well over $300 million, it is what Boras wanted him to say. 

I do think that the Nats obviously have the most to lose with Harper signing somewhere else, and their ownership is probably the richest in baseball. So it wouldn't surprise me if he wound up back there. But it would surprise me if they were willing to risk losing him by lowballing him earlier, if they were prepared to go a lot higher.

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Love how he didn't directly "@" Heyman lol Bruce a little salty Heyman called him out last time for his BS AND his Cubbies being exposed a probable negotiation pawn.

He didn't call him out. If you look at how Heyman respoded, and read Bruce's tweet, they matched. 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Jon Heyman is a Scott Boras tool. Always has been. If he is the source of the well over $300 million, it is what Boras wanted him to say. 

I do think that the Nats obviously have the most to lose with Harper signing somewhere else, and their ownership is probably the richest in baseball. So it wouldn't surprise me if he wound up back there. But it would surprise me if they were willing to risk losing him by lowballing him earlier, if they were prepared to go a lot higher.

I think Harper ends up going back to the Nationals when this is all said and done. A star like Harper really has no intention of playing on the South Side or in Philly (just my opinion, and would rather go to LA or NYY if the money was right. 

Machado is a possibility, but I don't get a great sense the Sox will land either player 

I think that I have fully given up on Harper. In my opinion, the Cubs and Nationals have always been the favorites. I just dont see the Cubs getting rid of the contracts, so at this point I think it's just Boras driving up the price by keeping teams like the Dodgers an White Sox "in it".

I think Bryce ultimately signs a 10-year, $330 million deal with Washington.

This is my first ever post, so I understand if it looks like a troll job.

A friend of mine who lives in Chicago (let's call him Tom) is friends with a guy (let's call him Mitch) who works very closely with an owner of another prominent MLB team.  Tom has gotten front row Cubs tickets, luxury box Bears tickets, etc because of this connection.

Around the time of the Winter Meetings, Mitch told Tom to bank on Bryce to the Cubs.  Tom had heard the same reports as the rest of us with the Cubs not being involved but the other guy said it was a done deal and just took moving salary out.  He said the following guys might get traded... Heyward, Happ, Russell, Schwarber and Quintana.  Mitch also told him it would probably happen soon and this was 3+ weeks ago so that part of the story already is lacking.  I've met Mitch quickly when he hooked us up with some Yankees-Cubs tickets two summers ago (I despise the Cubs but wasn't going to pass up that chance) and he seems down to earth and definitely connected.  Tom thinks Mitch's word is gospel but obviously a lot of BS gets floated out in different circles.

Just thought I'd pass it on, it sounded like nonsense cocky Cub talk, but Mitch is affiliated with a rival of the Cubs so it wasn't wishful thinking or anything on his part.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, WarrenNewsom said:

This is my first ever post, so I understand if it looks like a troll job.

A friend of mine who lives in Chicago (let's call him Tom) is friends with a guy (let's call him Mitch) who works very closely with an owner of another prominent MLB team.  Tom has gotten front row Cubs tickets, luxury box Bears tickets, etc because of this connection.

Around the time of the Winter Meetings, Mitch told Tom to bank on Bryce to the Cubs.  Tom had heard the same reports as the rest of us with the Cubs not being involved but the other guy said it was a done deal and just took moving salary out.  He said the following guys might get traded... Heyward, Happ, Russell, Schwarber and Quintana.  Mitch also told him it would probably happen soon and this was 3+ weeks ago so that part of the story already is lacking.  I've met Mitch quickly when he hooked us up with some Yankees-Cubs tickets two summers ago (I despise the Cubs but wasn't going to pass up that chance) and he seems down to earth and definitely connected.  Tom thinks Mitch's word is gospel but obviously a lot of BS gets floated out in different circles.

Just thought I'd pass it on, it sounded like nonsense cocky Cub talk, but Mitch is affiliated with a rival of the Cubs so it wasn't wishful thinking or anything on his part.  

The problem is that the market for 4 of those 5 guys is down or way down.

Generally, sell low and buy high isn’t going to lead to great amount of success in any endeavor.   And teams like the Giants would have more need for Almora because of that huge outfield.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The problem is that the market for 4 of those 5 guys is down or way down.

Generally, sell low and buy high isn’t going to lead to great amount of success in any endeavor.   And teams like the Giants would have more need for Almora because of that huge outfield.

It really does sound like nonsense to me... but I thought I'd pass it on since the one saying it has connections.  I actually haven't checked in for a few weeks as my friend is just returning from his honeymoon out of the country.

• Love 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils