Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

I would love for this to be true but we've heard the Sox won't go to 300 mil guaranteed and they haven't spoken to Harper in months. It might be that he told teams "I'm waiting for Machado" but at this point with this epic failure fresh in mind I seriously doubt it. If Harper doesn't want the Phillies he might take that short term deal for a year or two and try again when more big markets free up money.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

I would love for this to be true but we've heard the Sox won't go to 300 mil guaranteed and they haven't spoken to Harper in months. It might be that he told teams "I'm waiting for Machado" but at this point with this epic failure fresh in mind I seriously doubt it. If Harper doesn't want the Phillies he might take that short term deal for a year or two and try again when more big markets free up money.

Anyway, Especially WRT Harper=> No opt out, no chance. If it is true they don't believe in opt outs, then they weren't serious about either player. 

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

I put "Harper doesn't want the Phillies" in the same category as "Machado doesn't like the west coast".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bmags said:

“Sure but depending on how much you spend at Cheesecake Factory our unlimited 15% off card could easily outweigh their guaranteed money!”

heh. Sounds like Clown logic. 

I wish I could take the Bowman Clown face  tshirt that Barstool Chief makes and replace Bowman with Hahn. Bowman doesn't deserve it, Hahn absolutely does. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

This, of course, would require the mathletes in the Sox FO to realize that guaranteed money trumps imaginary money with unicorns, promises, and magic.  

Why would you want to have to do nothing to earn $50 more million guaranteed when you could just stay completely healthy at age 34, get your 550 at bats, and then bank a cool $70 million?

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

Why would you want to have to do nothing to earn $50 more million guaranteed when you could just stay completely healthy at age 34, get your 550 at bats, and then bank a cool $70 million?

Comedy aside, the same people who think that the 70 million dollars behind door number 2 trump door number one are the same people who on game shows go for the million dollar 1% grand prize risking the 100k they just won.  

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

If Rabbit is to be believed; they need to shift and just throw crazy money at Harper.

That's the thing with this tweet by rabbt. If he believed they were willing to pony up for both, even if it was at their reduced price it would have been a minimum of 500 million. If they were willing to do that, why wouldn't they be willing to pony up 350mm for harper? It's hard to believe after today, but maybe the plan all along was to try and get both and if one doesn't bite on the smaller deal go all in on the other? 

Edited by Kiebs13

1 hour ago, Sockin said:

Not trying to rain on your parade but what about any of their comments today make you optimistic about Harper. KW literally said they couldn't go to 300 mil. They're not going there for Bryce.

Couldn't go 300 on Machado.  He never said that about Harper.  Again, I'll keep saying this.  Harper was their bigger target.  They knew full well that it would cost MINIMUM 10/300 for him at the start before they ever met with him.  Now, if it comes out that they had framework in place to sign both, then that means they were well prepared to go over 300 million for Harper.  Unless he signs for 350, or something crazy, the Sox have to be right there, especially now after losing out on Machado.  Unless they have lied right to our faces.  If Harper signs for 320 or so and it comes out that the Sox only wanted to offer 280, sell the fucking team JR and fire every goof in the front office that doesn't have a clue to do their fucking jobs.

That said, I'm pretty sure something is cooking right now and it should be ready to take out of the oven soon.

5 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

8 years/275 with (2) 40 million dollar option years based on hitting 65 home runs per year + 170 RBIs. 

And with this reported offer by the White Sox the Miami Marlins sign Bryce Harper to a 10 year $326 million contract. The Marlins use the money they got back in the Stanton deal to give it to Harper. Physical still pending, of course.