Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I'm pretty sure my 2 year old could have had a better offseason than Hahn.  At least he knows not to trade for Fozzie and Animal until Kermit signs on the dotted line.

Fozzie and Animal are game changers. Animal was the only one to take the band seriously and because of his dedication he got an offer from Electric Mayhem.

• Like 1

It’s not exactly fair to youngsters Jimenez and Cease (because they didn’t do anything wrong but get traded to the Sox), but hopefully this can function as a motivating factor like rallying against the owners or GM did in the movie “Major League”... you know they’re all going to have even bigger chips on their shoulders to prove the doubters and naysayers wrong.  Madrigal has faced the doubters his entire life, pretty much.

Things the white sox had 2 years to prepare for

- 2018 Mega class with machado harper - Signed 0

Grade F

- 2018 INTL FA class (first year with budget - sox likey - first year out of penalty box) - Sox linked to zero of the top 30 players

Grade F

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm not attending a single game this year.

I too will limit my games. I'll end up going to the park because I love baseball and there's nothing better than the crack of the bat on a summer day. However I will be buying $6 tickets via StubHub and will be supporting local establishments around the park and not Jerry World inside. I'll pick my games based on the opposing teams.. should be nice to see the Astros come to town. Or watch Mike Trout, that's always a treat. Would be cool if the Sox ever got the opportunity to sign a superstar in his prime! Would love to see that on an up and coming team

There goes the last bit of optimism left with this offseason. 

May as well not sign anyone at this point. Just go out there and lose 110+ With the Charlotte Knights filling out the roster. Maybe we’ll pick #1 overall and select a Boras client, who wont sign any team friendly extensions before FA anyway

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Grade F

- 2018 INTL FA class (first year with budget - sox likey - first year out of penalty box) - Sox linked to zero of the top 30 players

Grade F

Is there a grade worse than an F? What about a Z-? 

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Grade F

Grade F

I’m scratching my head at how Hahn and friends are planning on building this championship calibur team that he intended to assemble during the rebuild. Where are thet good players coming from? Cease, Moncada, Eloy all are cant miss players for this plan to succeed

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

Hasn't most of the Sox Machine team said he should have been fired years ago?

It's basically Jim Margulas and nobody else.  Larry stayed at SSS because he has a cult following and is semi-retired from his day job and doesn't need the cash.  SSS has been bad since the Cheat left but now it's extra bad since Jim left.  Never been a huge fan of Jim or his butt boy Josh frankly.  Their analysis is usually lacking convictions (which is what larry does well).  

That said, I do believe that Margulas has called for Hahn to be fire.

I think my two favorite moments in all of this are that no team was going to enter late and bid hundreds of millions of dollars for Machado, and Mr. Burner Account telling us that we were going to sign not one whale, but both.

What a monumental failure of an off season. How did they not hear every question this off season be about Machado? And every single insider struck out this winter with our front office. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shipps said:

We should have a walk out petition here and send it over to Brooks. Vowing to not financially support this team next year. We are the die hards that have supported them when no casual fans would and we just arent going to do it anymore.  

7 minutes ago, Sox72 said:

Please. Whoever made the suggestion of a well-written ad in the paper - get that going. I will contribute. 

I'm down!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EL1 said:

I'm on board start a go fund me for this shit

That was me.. but I'm bad at leadership and penmanship, haha. I'll pass the torch to an admin or whoever has some literature background. Would be a fun group project as a board to put together. And think it would be fun and interesting to start tagging sox writers like fegan, garfein, l. holmes etc as well as news outlets to drum up interest and coverage. I bet we could get a decent story out of the newspaper ad.

• Like 1

Just now, South Sider said:

Remember how the Sox also failed to acquire Miguel Cabrera from the Marlins for dumb ass reasons? 

Yet another missed opportunity. Just like Machado. And evidently, just like Harper. 

The reason was they wouldn't take Dontrelle Willis in the deal.

15 minutes ago, shipps said:

We should have a walk out petition here and send it over to Brooks. Vowing to not financially support this team next year. We are the die hards that have supported them when no casual fans would and we just arent going to do it anymore.  

You can always email him bboyer@chisox.com