Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

3 hours ago, shipps said:

We should have a walk out petition here and send it over to Brooks. Vowing to not financially support this team next year. We are the die hards that have supported them when no casual fans would and we just arent going to do it anymore.  

Brooks is polishing up his marketing campaign for this year.    "I am not a whitesox fan because of superstars.  I am one because its who I was born to be.  People doubt us, people are against us.  Its about the name on the front of the jersey not the back.   White Sox baseball, from my cold dead hands will you drag my jersey. "     

That should get at least 10s of tickets sold.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

To be fair, you've openly hated pretty much everything about the white sox long before yesterday.  

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Was he wrong?

The second reply is pretty good...but there's something different this time. In 2014 I hated what they were doing and canceled the Extra Innings package, downsized to MLB.tv. After 2016 I canceled MLB.TV. I still went to a few road games each of those years, and tuned in when they were on TV, and still came here. This year? Once the anger dies down I don't know what's going to motivate me to be here, and absolutely will not be going to any MLB games this year. 

Somehow the fact that this will be the first year I'm not wearing White Sox gear on opening day since I was probably <10 years old...that means something to me. There's no lesser amount of caring I can do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Of course they don't . I didn't see any person mention it so apologies if someone did. When the Sox signed Albert Belle to the richest contract in baseball history  he got out of it from an opt out.

Which bailed them out

6 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Rick is really getting on my nerves, I did 180 degrees when it comes to him, I can't stand him talking his cliches. 

Same, must be nice being a made man in a JR run org.  Paxson and Gar contradict themselves and say stupid shit on the regular but JR just keeps signing the checks.

I haven't been reading much about Harper. But after the Padres allegedly swept in and nabbed Manny late, why don't the Sox who have a low low payroll, swoop in and do the same in the Harper sweepstakes?

While I still am not mad we lost out on Manny, the devil's advocate of my emotions wonders if this was a ploy all along to occupy our fans' minds all winter (re. Manny and Harper), say 'ah shucks we didn't get either' and now we go ahead and play the season with a ridiculously low payroll and Jerry and the partners laughing all the way to the bank (i.e. 'if we gotta stink we might as well make a lot of dough')

I still say: "The Anger Will Pass" should be team motto this year. But if the Sox do have a 50 million buck payroll and are out of it in mid May again, it'd be nice to give some of that money back to the fans. How bout free parking this season??

Just now, greg775 said:

I haven't been reading much about Harper. But after the Padres allegedly swept in and nabbed Manny late, why don't the Sox who have a low low payroll, swoop in and do the same in the Harper sweepstakes?

While I still am not mad we lost out on Manny, the devil's advocate of my emotions wonders if this was a ploy all along to occupy our fans' minds all winter (re. Manny and Harper), say 'ah shucks we didn't get either' and now we go ahead and play the season with a ridiculously low payroll and Jerry and the partners laughing all the way to the bank (i.e. 'if we gotta stink we might as well make a lot of dough')

I still say: "The Anger Will Pass" should be team motto this year. But if the Sox do have a 50 million buck payroll and are out of it in mid May again, it'd be nice to give some of that money back to the fans. How bout free parking this season??

1. Because they've said they won't and even if they hadn't said that they have no credibility so no one believes they will be. They're clowns.

2. Hahahaha free parking? That's the money that goes directly into ownership's pockets.  Their ownership of the parking lots is the ultimate piece of their sweetheart deal from the state. They will give away free game tickets before they give away free parking. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

1. Because they've said they won't and even if they hadn't said that they have no credibility so no one believes they will be. They're clowns.

2. Hahahaha free parking? That's the money that goes directly into ownership's pockets.  Their ownership of the parking lots is the ultimate piece of their sweetheart deal from the state. They will give away free game tickets before they give away free parking. 

I know winning cures everything and they are banking on the fact (probably) that in 2020 the Sox will likely begin a run of contention and all will be fine. But ... I feel like we've been awful so long that unless there's total Eloy-mania starting with his first at bat, the losing has been so constant that this year will truly be a setback for the Sox in all areas. I truly believe Eloy-mania will save interest and our attendance and relevance won't be much worse than last season, but .... the Sox are close to the point they need to do something dramatic for the fans, hence my free parking suggestion. I'm probably totally full of it, front office probably doesn't care at all. They are saving as much $$ as they can during the rebuild. Starting next year they feel the park will be packed for our division title team and they will be more aggressive in signing free agents.

Edited by greg775

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

i think the Sox thought they had him, and thought Lozano was bluffing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I know winning cures everything and they are banking on the fact (probably) that in 2020 the Sox will likely begin a run of contention and all will be fine. But ... I feel like we've been awful so long that unless there's total Eloy-mania starting with his first at bat, the losing has been so constant that this year will truly be a setback for the Sox in all areas. I truly believe Eloy-mania will save interest and our attendance and relevance won't be much worse than last season, but .... the Sox are close to the point they need to do something dramatic for the fans, hence my free parking suggestion. I'm probably totally full of it, front office probably doesn't care at all. They are saving as much $$ as they can during the rebuild. Starting next year they feel the park will be packed for our division title team and they will be more aggressive in signing free agents.

I think their attendance will be substantially worse than last season going forward. They're going to lose another 5-10% this year and yesterday was probably the least fun day to be a White Sox season ticket rep since whenever the last time was that they laid off season ticket reps, so 2020 will be even worse. Even if they're moving in the right direction in 2020, it feels broken right now. The park will not be packed, and they will not be "more aggressive signing free agents" they'll do the same crap as this year. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Brooks is polishing up his marketing campaign for this year.    "I am not a whitesox fan because of superstars.  I am one because its who I was born to be.  People doubt us, people are against us.  Its about the name on the front of the jersey not the back.   White Sox baseball, from my cold dead hands will you drag my jersey. "     

That should get at least 10s of tickets sold.  

When’s safety net night? 

I know money talks but I think we stained our image with how we worded the offer.  Players and other agents notice and they may be less reluctant to deal with us.

i am a glass half full guy, and even if I tried, i still pay my 20 game pass cause well i just love baseball, and my white sox, and being at the park.

i cant walk away.. cause i am blindly loyal, but all along I hoped we would come through and now i feel like were the worst organization in baseball.

i wish i didnt feel that way cause i will still be rooting, but this just sucked a .....

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think their attendance will be substantially worse than last season going forward. They're going to lose another 5-10% this year and yesterday was probably the least fun day to be a White Sox season ticket rep since whenever the last time was that they laid off season ticket reps, so 2020 will be even worse. Even if they're moving in the right direction in 2020, it feels broken right now. The park will not be packed, and they will not be "more aggressive signing free agents" they'll do the same crap as this year. 

One way to rebel would be to draw 10,000 on opening day. That's the one day the outrage would be noticed (unless there's snow/ice/misery in the atmosphere). That would be way better than a newspaper ad that Cub fans would cherish.

• Like 1