Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, iamshack said:

As I said, your narrative is looking up atm. 

And should the Sox sign neither player, I shall be very critical of the FO. 

However, this isn’t over yet. 

Please be legit and not the ghost of J. Michael Robertson...

https://mobile.twitter.com/jmrobertson143

Edited by Harper2Sox

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

That’s the last thing these front office types would do...they actually think the fans are on THEIR side, and understand the cold rationality borne out of their time at Stanford, Northwestern, Michigan, Harvard, etc.

All that education is worthless if the ownership group is in some type of reverse V for Vendetta campaign to put a ceiling on salaries.

Of course, there’s no cap on dumb FA signings from Tier B/C/D and the most useless collection of overpaid veterans that when added up collectively represented the $50 million we weren’t willing to guarantee.

So let’s freaking spend that money on our current collection of free agents that won’t sell a single ticket to a White Sox game this year.  Brilliant marketing strategy.  Not only that, let’s create a scenario where we even resent those players who are on the roster because of what they are most decidedly NOT, which is one superstar player to build around.

Gross incompetence. KW is the worst right now to me because of his over the top reaction of shock that Machado actually had the temerity to go elsewhere.

Remember, remember, the 19th of February

The Machado treason and plot;

I know of no reason why 50 million

Should ever be forgot.

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

Please be legit and not the ghost of J. Michael Robertson...

They didn’t do a presentation for Harper and meet with him again in Vegas  because they planned on offering him less than the Nationals offered him in October. 

They clearly wanted Machado badly, and they’re not going to suddenly offer $400m for Harper. But they’re not out by any means. 

• Like 1

Just now, iamshack said:

They didn’t do a presentation for Harper and meet with him again in Vegas  because they planned on offering him less than the Nationals offered him in October. 

They clearly wanted Machado badly, and they’re not going to suddenly offer $400m for Harper. But they’re not out by any means. 

So are you saying nightengale is wrong?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Anyone willing to believe JR will shell out $350-375 million (because it has to be 10-15% over the Phillies’ best offer) and NO OPT OUTS?

If he's smart, he will offer what it takes to get Harper, with a 5 year opt out. 

Gotta build some trust in this fanbase... it should be worth way way much more than any perceived overpayment for Harper's services.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Remember, remember, the 19th of February

The Machado treason and plot;

I know of no reason why 50 million

Should ever be forgot.

We won’t forget, because Alonso’s deal had the same idiotic 550 plate appearance escalator.

I think I’ll get more joy out of the Sox getting stuck paying even MORE money not to have Machado on the Sox roster...but I’m sure Hahn will do anything possible to dump him unceremoniously off the roster in June and July.

Heck, we might as well just buy out his entire contract and give him back to the Indians so Palka can be assured of regular at-bats.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m having a hard time blaming any of the insiders for relaying the Sox would get Manny. It’s clear they thought they would get him also, and most of the insiders on here said 7/175 was bogus.  I don’t recall anyone saying it was a done deal. 

It’s pretty clear they thought they had Machado. I don’t know whether they planned to still pursue Harper has they landed Machado at their final offer. Only the Sox know. But being upset because they missed on Manny doesn’t mean they aren’t in on Harper. 

Will they get him? I don’t know. Pretty sure they’re trying though.

• Like 1

Signing Harper nips this PR disaster in the bud, and eliminates the lens that the White Sox will be viewed under due to not ponying up for Machado. 

Boras has the Sox exactly where he needs them. He reads Twitter. He's got JR by the balls, and the fans don't give a shit. They'd happily see JR lose a negotiation for once and get their player. Thats the price you have to pay for the best players.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I am excited for Madrigal's this year too. I think the kid really really takes off. His wrist and wear down was expected and normal; power goes usually the year of a hand or wrist injury. Madrigal hits the ball with authority - he did with wood bats before. Kid will be a doubles machine with a .370 OBP and a GG at 2nd. 

The excitement will be if any of our suspects can stay healthy enough to develop.  

23 minutes ago, iamshack said:

No one’s bragging, and no one guaranteed anyone anything. 

But you may be judging prematurely.

Sox are OUT on Harper. Unless everyone in the organization from the executive level has been lied to, the White Sox are not submitting a bid for Harper and ANY other FA they sign this year is a complete waste of money and resources which would be very White Sox.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1