Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

The funny thing is, just think about the fan reaction one way or the other...

Sign Harper, bring all the fans back, make tons of money in ticket, concessions, merchandise, etc. sales

Whiff on Machado and pass on Harper, everything goes to shit.

How do the Sox not realize this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

Sign Harper, bring all the fans back, make tons of money in ticket, concessions, merchandise, etc. sales

I think they do but JR doesn't give a shit

5 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Harper's contract would easily pay for itself and probably then some. How they don't understand that I'll never know. 

We have the advantage — Harper supposedly is not a fan of Philadelphia, likes Chicago, his dog is named Wrigley, and his BFF is Kris Bryant.  If the Cubs don’t want him, at least he can still reside in Chicago so he and his wife can hang out with the Bryant’s.

26 years old, .900 career OPS, Rookie of the Year, 6x All-Star, 2015 MVP, and the face of MLB The Show 2019.  What other player as young as 26 will become available in the near future that is as talented and marketable as Harper?  We also have the DH spot for him to settle into at the end of the deal when he is in his mid-30’s.

Show Harper the money, Jerry!

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

We have the advantage — Harper supposedly is not a fan of Philadelphia, likes Chicago, his dog is named Wrigley, and his BFF is Kris Bryant.  Show him the money, Jerry!

I dont think any of this matters - union wants the most money - but man... when I was playing baseball and my best friend too - I'd have taken less money if we're talking tens of millions to play in the same city for a decade. It would be so much fun to have had gone through that with him.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

“Unprecedented financial flexibility” & “economic might”!  Just wait until there are legit big spenders in the mix!  I’ve never hated this front office & ownership group more in my entire life...what a bunch of fucking clowns.  HBS should be embarrassed to call Rick one of their own.  WORST GM IN BASEBALL...FULL STOP.

• Love 2

Getting Harper would not only go against everything Hahn and company have said and done this past week as well as every other report out there aaaaaannnd would take Hahn pulling off the heist of a lifetime. It makes soooooooooo much more sense that they are truly out of it. It’s like how yankee fans wouldn’t stop believing they had a chance on Manny despite all of the evidence.  

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, shipps said:

Getting Harper would not only go against everything Hahn and company have said and done this past week as well as every other report out there aaaaaannnd would take Hahn pulling off the heist of a lifetime. It makes soooooooooo much more sense that they are truly out of it. It’s like how yankee fans wouldn’t stop believing they had a chance on Manny despite all of the evidence.  

Out of curiosity, what has Hahn said that would go against getting Harper?

24 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

We have the advantage — Harper supposedly is not a fan of Philadelphia, likes Chicago, his dog is named Wrigley, and his BFF is Kris Bryant.  If the Cubs don’t want him, at least he can still reside in Chicago so he and his wife can hang out with the Bryant’s.

26 years old, .900 career OPS, Rookie of the Year, 6x All-Star, 2015 MVP, and the face of MLB The Show 2019.  What other player as young as 26 will become available in the near future that is as talented and marketable as Harper?  We also have the DH spot for him to settle into at the end of the deal when he is in his mid-30’s.

Show Harper the money, Jerry!

Whow, ease up there. We heard the same shit about how Manny supposedly didn't like SD or the west coast.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

“Unprecedented financial flexibility” & “economic might”!  Just wait until there are legit big spenders in the mix!  I’ve never hated this front office & ownership group more in my entire life...what a bunch of fucking clowns.  HBS should be embarrassed to call Rick one of their own.  WORST GM IN BASEBALL...FULL STOP.

He went to law school at Harvard, graduated in the Class of 1996.

1 minute ago, shipps said:

He said no to Manny because of the price tag for one thing. Manny who they felt was the best fit anyway. 

You don't think it's damage control because they completely botched the negotiations?  That seems a hell of a lot more likely than all of a sudden having a 300 million dollar limit.

Also I'm sure Hahn and Kenny think Manny is a better fit on the field.  Off the field, I would be stunned if Jerry didn't favor Harper.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

It's really amazing (and I don't blame them at all) how hostile the Sox fan base is.  Nearly every response to tweets from the Whitesox account is negative.  

Just feeling like a gullible idiot again if you dare to dream they could actually reverse course and pull this off...I mean, would ANYONE even be willing to bet one of Greg’s houses on JR okaying a contract with Scott Boras of all agents guaranteeing any player $320-330 million???

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Alright, for all the optimist let me give you a scenario in which this would be the White Sox playing 4D chess - they're not this smart, but this would have been genius.

White Sox set Bryce Harper as their target at the beginning of the offseason. They make the big presentation, and love it. They come out of that thinking Harper is not going to sign early because of what Boras did last year. They see it's just them, the Phillies and Nationals seriously in on Harper at the time, and outside shot with Dodgers but probably not. 

Sox also meet with Machado but dont like him as much. Work ethic, knees and etc maybe dumb Sox concerns. Bat is good but not world class. Risk with aging and defense going faster. 

They start getting named the leaders for machado because they offer 8 for 250, and wanted Bryce. He fits the mold they want etc etc. They start leaking low offers like the 175 trying to get the Phillies to go over. They never buy in. Sox see San Diego and find a way out. They counter with the 2 dumb incentive years. Would make sense why SD didnt think they'd land him. Thought Sox would up 8 at 250 but instead just offered two bogus years.

Meanwhile, Phillies don't get him so Sox are pissed. Also pissed because they realize how dumb they look pretending to be all in on machado. A 13 million dollar head fake gone wrong. 

They reposition and now arent sure how high they have to go for Harper. Phillies were talking stupid money and are out on machado. Sox thought that was the Phillies guy. Now they're competing with them and cant fail because the fanbase thought they screwed up the machado sweepstakes when it was the 4d chess plan to suppress the Harper market to them and... no one like it is now, by handing machado to the Phillies. But the Padres fucked that up. Sox play pr disaster control, and try to get it knocked away with Harper asap without anyone leaking the true plan or information. 

White Sox 4d chess. Lol

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just feeling like a gullible idiot again if you dare to dream they could actually reverse course and pull this off...I mean, would ANYONE even be willing to bet one of Greg’s houses on JR okaying a contract with Scott Boras of all agents guaranteeing any player $320-330 million???

Personally, I'm always ready to wager one of Greg's houses away.