Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

22 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I agree as well. But not living in Chicago, I looked at the Bulls attendance. They are 4th in NBA in attendance with the 4th worst record. So maybe Jerry figures if  he draws in the NBA w a shitty product then he can do the same in MLB.  Obviously the Bulls are the only NBA team but there is some competition on attendance w the Blackhawks.

Bulls/White Sox attendance are different animals. And being in Chicago, hard to understand. Before MJ, the Bulls drew tumbleweeds. Even the first couple years of MJ, many nights you could get a ticket night of the game. But since, it is amazing what they draw. I go to games just to watch the game. The rest of the stuff really means very little to me, but I have to admit, you go to a Bulls game, even without the game, it’s really quite a show.

MJ hasn’t played for the Bulls for over 20 years. IMO, they are still printing money because of him.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gotcha, yeah it’s unfortunate but to be expected.  Hopefully the anger subsides a bit and becomes more focused at the front office & Jerry as we get deeper into spring training.

Honestly, I hope the anger doesn't subside. I hope that the last dregs of the fanbase keep this up all year.

Look I know it's not fair to the players but they're extremely well paid to put up with this. It's not their fault, but if someone already bought their season ticket package they have already committed money to support the clowns in the front office.

I mean, don't throw things from the bleachers, but if booing every single player all year is the response you want, at least you've gotten something from your money.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, shipps said:

Yet another reason on the list of hundreds that they needed to sign Manny. It would have taken some of the pressure off of Eloy and others to be the guy. 

The Sox are also doing this in the shadow of the Cubs rebuild. Theo took an extremely difficult process and made it look incredibly easy. There was always a sense that it was just a matter of time before the Cubs would become a wrecking ball. 

We are starting to see some warranted doubt creep in with the Sox rebuild. Another 100 loss season is a real possibility this year and getting to 500 in 2020 would probably be a minor miracle. 

3 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

The Sox are also doing this in the shadow of the Cubs rebuild. Theo took an extremely difficult process and made it look incredibly easy. There was always a sense that it was just a matter of time before the Cubs would become a wrecking ball. 

We are starting to see some warranted doubt creep in with the Sox rebuild. Another 100 loss season is a real possibility this year and getting to 500 in 2020 would probably be a minor miracle. 

Plain and simple, this front office should have never been allowed to oversee the rebuild

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

2020 was supposed to be our year. If they need a miracle for .500, fire everybody. 

1 hour ago, shipps said:

After this off season expect this to decline even further for the Sox. 

7FAE19D4-8D4B-47D2-9D41-8DC89F34BC5D.jpeg

God this graphic is horrible. As someone whose day job is partly about educating people how to present statistics, it kills me.

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly, I hope the anger doesn't subside. I hope that the last dregs of the fanbase keep this up all year.

Look I know it's not fair to the players but they're extremely well paid to put up with this. It's not their fault, but if someone already bought their season ticket package they have already committed money to support the clowns in the front office.

I mean, don't throw things from the bleachers, but if booing every single player all year is the response you want, at least you've gotten something from your money.

The players are what I like about the White Sox. I don't care how much money they make, they're human beings. I'm not going to give them shit unless they do something to deserve it (and I don't include "playing badly while trying their best" as something that earns getting shit either).

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I feel sorry for Eloy. If for some reason he doesn’t look like a HOFer from the get go, the next freak out will occur. Right now, he is the savior. That is going to be hard to live up to.

If he is even half decent with 275/.330/.750+  type of production I’m sure overall we’ll be happy with how he’s starting. 

However, many are going to be justifiably upset watching him struggle. Eventually, SOMEONE in this rebuild is going to have to succeed immediately. It’d be nice to exceed expectations once in awhile too. We can’t have Giolitto, Moncada, Jimenez.....then later Cease, Madrigal etc all on three-four year timelines. 

It may be unfair, but oh well. We’re tired of watching the failures of this organization

Edited by Flash Tizzle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our players have nothing to do with this failure of management and ownership. Please don't take out any well deserved anger on them. Think of anyway you can to take it out on those who deserve it. Perhaps holding up signs, in the stands, with creative messages would help a little. Messages such as; "WE LOVE OUR PLAYERS, BUT NOT MANAGEMENT". Or; "HOW DO WE DFA THE FRONT OFFICE?" Or; "TRADE HAHN & K. W. FOR PRELLER". The TV cameras will never show them, but the fans will see them and it might catch on. It would be great to see lots of fans coming up with good digs, at the ones who deserve it.

Edited by Lillian
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Our players have nothing to do with this failure of management and ownership. Please don't take out any well deserved anger on them. Think of anyway you can to take it out on those who deserve it. Perhaps holding up signs, in the stands, with creative messages would help a little. Messages such as; "WE LOVE OUR PLAYERS, BUT NOT MANAGEMENT". Or; "HOW DO WE DFA THE FRONT OFFICE?" Or; "TRADE HAHN & K. W. FOR PRELLER". The TV cameras will never show them, but the fans will see them and it might catch on. It would be great to see lots of fans coming up with good digs, at the ones who deserve it.

Honestly, I want the negativity to infect this organization, to the core. I want it to be a virus this entire season. I want the players to hear it, I want the coaches to hear it. I want visiting players to hear it. Assuming they don't sign Harper, I want Rick Renteria commenting in June about how he's never heard fans react to their players like this in all his years in baseball. I want the players to be commenting in July about how bad they feel coming in to work every day.

The only way that they will be forced to fix the problem is if it becomes so toxic that everyone realizes what they did. Otherwise they will just keep cruising along. Rick Hahn will keep pocketing his 7 figures, Reinsdorf will see $50 million in profits this year, and they'll just roll with it.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

If he is even half decent with 275/.330/.750+  type of production I’m sure overall we’ll be happy with how he’s starting. 

However, many are going to be justifiably upset watching him struggle. Eventually, SOMEONE in this rebuild is going to have to succeed immediately. It’d be nice to exceed expectations once in awhile too. We can’t have Giolitto, Moncada, Jimenez.....then later Cease, Madrigal etc all on three-four year timelines. 

It may be unfair, but oh well. We’re tired of watching the failures of this organization

Your .750 there is OPS right :)

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly, I want the negativity to infect this organization, to the core. I want it to be a virus this entire season. I want the players to hear it, I want the coaches to hear it. I want visiting players to hear it. Assuming they don't sign Harper, I want Rick Renteria commenting in June about how he's never heard fans react to their players like this in all his years in baseball. I want the players to be commenting in July about how bad they feel coming in to work every day.

The only way that they will be forced to fix the problem is if it becomes so toxic that everyone realizes what they did. Otherwise they will just keep cruising along. Rick Hahn will keep pocketing his 7 figures, Reinsdorf will see $50 million in profits this year, and they'll just roll with it.

The only thing is that sounds like July 2016 and that didn’t work.

18 minutes ago, iamshack said:

It is neither plain, nor simple.

Actually it’s both. If they cannot take you from point B to point C, you cannot expect them to take you from point A to point B to point C.

This pursuit of premium free agents, something you “insiders” told all of us common folk was planned for years, couldn’t have been a bigger failure. Not only did they whiff on the big names with the big spenders sitting out. They added $13 million in mediocrity at best to the payroll  to do so. Great plan.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Southsider2k5 might want to hold off on his blasting the fanbase canned speech...because if this ownership group can’t even out-execute the Padres, there’s no reason to believe the pieces to realistically compete with the Astros, Red Sox, Yankees and even Indians will ever be there.

It will be the same chicken and egg argument...they expect fans to show loyalty first before they’re willing to spend.  It’s just completely backwards, compared to how everyone but the smallest market teams operate.  

And those organizations like the Pirates (shifting/pitch framing), A’s and Rays (starting relievers, backwards approach to get early leads) are at least trying to innovate their way through revenue generation challenges.

It's funny you say that, but I am the one person who has been right about this process at every single step of the way.  All I heard two years ago were how to loyal Sox fans were, how all they wanted was a direction,  and that they wouldn't abandon the team any more than they already had. Even before they came in 2nd on Machado (like I spent months before this off season saying they would) and the outrage machine kicked into high gear in the last few days, the team was down HUGE in the last two years after doing exactly what they supposedly wanted done.

This is the same franchise it has always been.  A lot of people spent a lot of time convincing themselves that it was now different,  despite all of the franchise history to look at. People are mad because they fell for it. I spent years telling you all this wasn't going to be the Cubs rebuild, but no one wanted to hear it. Get out of your feels for a while and pay attention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I spent years telling you all this wasn't going to be the Cubs rebuild, but no one wanted to hear it.

Cubs got lucky when Houston picked Mark Appel at no. 1 and Kris Bryant fell to them at no. 2.

They got lucky when they got Rizzo.

Luck plays a huge role in sports.

Cubs were purchased by mega billionaire Joe Ricketts and they threw hundreds of millions at free agents.

Money plays a huge role in sports.

I'm not going to let a few downers who for years keep throwing the Cubs in our faces impact how I feel about my team.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Still can't believe Moncada was the prize for Sale. Hahn should be fired just for that. 

I think he is the one guy we have already seen at the big league level that there is a real hope he could take off.They are having him hold the bat differently, whatever that will do. But I think a slight change in approach can mean a big jump to his numbers. The guy was 7-130 in ABs where he got down in a count 0-2 with nearly 100 strikeouts. Swinging at good pitches to hit may change that. Being selective is nice, but not if you are letting good pitches go and it gets you in a hole, He has enough ability where if he starts swinging at good pitches to hit, he will still see a ton of pitches anyway because of the damage he will do.

i know he also got rung up a lot when he shouldn’t have, but that is something he needs to recognize as well. He isn’t going to get those calls yet. Maybe some day, but not now. He needs to foul them of or put them in play or the seats.

59 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

2020 was supposed to be our year. If they need a miracle for .500, fire everybody. 

Not signing Harper/Machado coupled with all the prospect injuries have made competing in 2020 a real long shot. The only way I see them competing in 2020 is if they go crazy next offseason and spend 400 million plus on guys like Arenado, Sale/Cole, and Grandal. 2020 should hopefully be the last of the tank/developmental years.