Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

They don't introduce the general manager before every game. They introduce the players.

If you're cheering for the players, if you buy tickets and pay the chairman for the parking lots, you are telling the White Sox that everything is ok and you're ok with how this went. 

If you already bought tickets...boo. Make them feel it. Management won't hear it otherwise. 

We’re going to have this debate a TON this year, what it really means to be a White Sox fan...and how one should comport themselves “in a dignified manner” so as not to offend those in the hallowed halls of the front office who are just as likely to be out golfing on their seven figure salaries.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I get being mad at the FO, but taking it out on guys like Yolmer and TA is ridiculous and unwarranted.  These guys have done nothing but play hard since they came to the Sox.

That's because customers have no means to take it out verbally on the FO. 

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

That's because customers have no means to take it out verbally on the FO. 

If the organization wanted to tweet an introduction to Rick Hahn for spring training and introduce the front office staff before each game so that the last few fans present can boo, then I'm totally ok with letting the players have it easy.

Without that...they need to hear it. They need to feel it. If it lets up, even because people have just stopped caring, they will read that as accepting of their failures.

I'm sorry, but I can't encourage anyone to boo the players. I still like the idea of making signs, to hold up at the games. It would be interesting and might be effective to have fans get into making creative signs, with appropriate messages. But, please cheer for the players, and let them know that we understand that it's not their fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love Our Chuck, but even he insinuated the attendance caused the bid to be lower than 300

SD does draw quite a bit better, but they also have much much nicer April/May/September weather.  It gets a bit cold near the ocean at night with that marine layer, but it’s always perfectly comfortable with a light jacket.  And those fans lost their FB team, so it’s natural to feel some sympathy as the fanbase has been in the same hell as ours.  Heck, we even took Jake Peavy away from them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Bulls/White Sox attendance are different animals. And being in Chicago, hard to understand. Before MJ, the Bulls drew tumbleweeds. Even the first couple years of MJ, many nights you could get a ticket night of the game. But since, it is amazing what they draw. I go to games just to watch the game. The rest of the stuff really means very little to me, but I have to admit, you go to a Bulls game, even without the game, it’s really quite a show.

MJ hasn’t played for the Bulls for over 20 years. IMO, they are still printing money because of him.

Understood, but if the Bulls attendance has not been impacted by reducing payroll and on the court success, does he have motivation to drastically increase  the White Sox payroll .  Understanding he is competing directly against the Cubs, something the Bulls don't have.  

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

SD does draw quite a bit better, but they also have much much nicer April/May/September weather.  It gets a bit cold near the ocean at night with that marine layer, but it’s always perfectly comfortable with a light jacket.  And those fans lost their FB team, so it’s natural to feel some sympathy as the fanbase has been in the same hell as ours.  Heck, we even took Jake Peavy away from them.

In 2018, only 6 teams, including the White Sox, did not average 20,000 fans. It is probably not a coincidence that 5 of the 6 had the lowest payrolls in MLB. The outlier was Baltimore and we know why their salaries were high and their attendance low. 

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love Our Chuck, but even he insinuated the attendance caused the bid to be lower than 300

That's been the same B.S from reinsdorf over and over. Field a competitive team and people will show

• Thanks 1

MLB Trade Rumors predicted where the top 50 free agents would end up.

They had our Sox not signing any of them...What do they know, we got two of them...#26 on the list Kelvin Herrera...and #49 Ervin Santana (pending physical).  Hahn said the money would be spent.

#1 is still out there.  Sign Harper and win the off season.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Heyman did tweet Harpers price is too high for the White Sox. Remember when "insiders" were trying to sell the Sox signing both whales? That was awesome. 

Chicago White Sox was the main one...but he was just being overly optimistic, admittedly, not based on anything “insidery.”

Everyone else (twitterverse) was pretty much just like typical Hahn, saying a lot but not really anything upon further reflection.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Heyman did tweet Harpers price is too high for the White Sox. Remember when "insiders" were trying to sell the Sox signing both whales? That was awesome. 

Whales? Didn't even get a guppy lol

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I just read about the stuff being said at the Padres press conference.

If that doesn't motivate JR to go after Bryce, nothing will.

J.R plugs his ears and covers his eyes with 100 dollar bills he don't give a hoot what they say..

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I'm a newbie here. Machado failure made me want to start an account. Did people actually think that the White Sox were going to sign both? 

LMFAO. The odds of that happening were about the same as Blockbuster Video announcing the opening of a thousand new stores across America. 

• Haha 1

Just now, OneDog847 said:

I'm a newbie here. Machado failure made me want to start an account. Did people actually think that the White Sox were going to sign both? 

LMFAO. The odds of that happening were about the same as Blockbuster Video announcing the opening of a thousand new stores across America. 

Is that you, L. Wayne Huizenga?   At least he had Waste Management, because there’s always poop.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

A lot of the "insiders" constantly said that the White Sox had budgets for both.

What we didn't understand is that really meant they thought they could budget $175 million for Machado and $200 million for Harper, and the organization believed those were fair offers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, fathom said:

That's BS and they know it. They offered 320 with incentives and had the payroll. Adding Manny and paying all of our prospects would cost us 160 million in payroll for the next 8 years. That would still be an average payroll. 

On 2/21/2019 at 4:30 PM, Jose Abreu said:

And they were wrong. Gomez and Passan were right. 

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Chicago White Sox was the main one...but he was just being overly optimistic, admittedly, not based on anything “insidery.”

Everyone else (twitterverse) was pretty much just like typical Hahn, saying a lot but not really anything upon further reflection.

CWS wasn't trying to act all insider. He is a fan who had a ton of hope. Then the poor guy got nailed by reality. The White Sox are delusional. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

What I realistically expect how the Sox will spend when they think they are in a position to challenge for the AL Central is like what they did a few years back when Andrew Miller was the top left handed reliever on the free agent market.  The Sox instead went quickly in the off season to Zach Duke and gave him a slightly over market offer so that he would sign quickly.  Short term deals to good baseball players but not necessarily great players.  Our prospects are going to have to be the stars of the show.  I hope it works.