Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

It's fair to say that when you compare Manny and Bryce, it was extremely unlikely anyone in the system today was going to be blocked by Manny but that's very plausible with Harper. It doesn't mean you don't want him, it just means you're adding to a place where the organization has some depth (although it is all not close to the majors).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

According to a Phillies message board I've been lurking, Middleton's plane left Vegas this afternoon. Obviously without an agreement. 

... or with an agreement. Not going to announce over a wknd

35 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Why are the Sox remaining in touch unless they are willing to spend $325 to $350 million?  Just do it already.

Rutherford is a question mark as a prospect due to his lack of power.  Think Ryan Sweeney.  I would show Harper the money.  Imagine a future outfield of Eloy / Robert / Harper.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Why are the Sox remaining in touch unless they are willing to spend $325 to $350 million?  Just do it already.

Rutherford is a question mark as a prospect due to his lack of power.  Think Ryan Sweeney.  I would show Harper the money.  Imagine a future outfield of Eloy / Robert / Harper.

In case Bryce hates Philly so much that he’s willing to give us a $50M discount?

🤷‍♂

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

In case Bryce hates Philly so much that he’s willing to give us a $50M discount?

🤷‍♂

Boras probably won't let him sign for anything less than what Machado got. He will talk Harper into holding out for a record deal. 

3 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

I know, right? Seriously, if Bryce Harper is signed, there are zero outfield prospects of ours that will block him. If you think otherwise, I have no words for you. The guy along with Trout are in ATG territory. First ballot HOF, statue  in the park, among the best producers in history types.

Why don't they just offer him 10-$330 mm and be done with it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Where to play Harper is not the question. He's gonna be a DH soon anyway. Soo go for it...

I don't give a f*** where he hits and/or plays in the lineup. Get a guy who can mash like him and roll him out every day he can play, and then let the cards fall where they may. I would rather give him 10-$330 mm than pay 3-5 marginal players that same money.

1 minute ago, YouGottaBeBleepingMe said:

I don't give a f*** where he hits and/or plays in the lineup. Get a guy who can mash like him and roll him out every day he can play, and then let the cards fall where they may. I would rather give him 10-$330 mm than pay 3-5 marginal players that same money.

Basicly what I said...

2 minutes ago, YouGottaBeBleepingMe said:

I know, right? Seriously, if Bryce Harper is signed, there are zero outfield prospects of ours that will block him. If you think otherwise, I have no words for you. The guy along with Trout are in ATG territory. First ballot HOF, statue  in the park, among the best producers in history types.

Why don't they just offer him 10-$330 mm and be done with it?

And if he turned down that offer, I would not fault management. However, not even trying remains completely perplexing.  

• Love 1

Indeed, you can also trade OF prospects like Basabe, Rutherford, Gonzalez, and Walker for other areas of need.

Bring the sure thing in to pair with Eloy as your two mashers and hope that Moncada, Madrigal, and your young starters pan out.

Edited by Harper2Sox

14 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Where to play Harper is not the question. He's gonna be a DH soon anyway. Soo go for it...

Some of that was playing CF instead or his preferred and more instinctive RF, but the whole “Harper’s defense is falling off a cliff” in 2018 was merely based on a sum total of count ‘em...FOUR 50/50 defensive plays he didn’t make, one or two of which are balls that arguably were lost in the lights.

Padres chairman Ron Fowler: ‘We’re a lot happier than the #Whitesox right now.’

Should put that billboard up in Hahn, KW’s and Reinsdorf’s neighborhoods to wake up to everyday...maybe it will serve as a source of inspiration, but probably not.  They’re all too comfortable.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Love 2