Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

This speaks volumes, yes we are in a rebuild, I get that but at the same time 30 hell even 40 mil extra doesn’t put you at the league average, so no way would signing either of those two have broke the bank

FWIW, those numbers do not include $25 million/year spent on Robert. 

That money is now off the books. 

1 minute ago, macsandz said:

After the meeting they upped the offer and presented. Lazano took it, meet with SD and never responded again until after Manny's decision was made.    

Because the White Sox said no to the number that Lozano gave and the Padres said yes. The $300 million offer was not a number the Padres came up with, it was a proposal from Machado's side. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, justBLAZE said:

That sucks, almost sense some bad blood for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Wow. I am shocked. What a screw job by Lazano

It totally fits with what I'm saying and requires no bad blood. Lozano said "Will you go to 10/$300 million". The White Sox said "No but here's what we will do". The Padres said "Yes". 

You don't have to go back to the other team in that scenario and it requires no bad blood. They said no. They had their chance and turned it down. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Then why did we move Moncada to third the day before the announcement came?

Maybe I'm naïve but until you have Manny you prepare as you don't have him.   Especially with madrigal coming up. And I'm not even a fan of the move but I don't buy fact Sox knew on Monday that Manny was taking Padres offer.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It totally fits with what I'm saying and requires no bad blood. Lozano said "Will you go to 10/$300 million". The White Sox said "No but here's what we will do". The Padres said "Yes". 

You don't have to go back to the other team in that scenario and it requires no bad blood. They said no. They had their chance and turned it down. 

You act like the agents don’t feed teams pure bullshit throughout the entire process. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macsandz said:

After the meeting they upped the offer and presented. Lazano took it, meet with SD and never responded again until after Manny's decision was made.    

So in reality Lozano said 300 million is what we will sign for and the Sox tried to get to it and past it the cheap way and San Diego didn’t play games, gave him the guaranteed $ and we lost out because of it.