Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

Just now, TomPickle said:

Anthony Rendon has some injury history, but not the past three seasons. He's every bit as good as Machado and Arenado. He would be a great fit as a #2 hitter.

Supposedly he would like to extend in Washington, as well. But if he’s available, hell yes

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

Anthony Rendon has some injury history, but not the past three seasons. He's every bit as good as Machado and Arenado. He would be a great fit as a #2 hitter.

Supposedly he is also interested in an extension, and seems to be willing to give the Nats some sort of discount. 

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If the Rockies genuinely put that on the table now then compliments to the Rockies for at least trying to take care of one of their players. If Arenado really wants to leave there's not much they can do, but they did their job.

Rockies are great about taking care of their own (CarGo, Tulo, Blackmon). I never expected him to hit free agency because of this.

2 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I’ll be more willing to believe the Nationals (or any other team for that matter) will meet his demands before us. 

Arenado was often thrown around as someone who we could pursue next year. Well, forget about that. The rarity of players like Machado and Harper hitting FA becomes more apparent. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Down to Rendon and Bogaerts....Goldschmidt....JDM, then a real falloff to guys like Ozuna that our own OF prospects should outproduce.

Glad I’m not a Bulls’ fan as well.

I think Goldie stays in the Lou for a while. JDM and Bo should remain in Boston as they have a huge title run in them and money. 

Just now, Flash Tizzle said:

I’ll be more willing to believe the Nationals (or any other team for that matter) will meet his demands before us. 

Arenado was often thrown around as someone who we could pursue next year. Well, forget about that. The rarity of players like Machado and Harper hitting FA becomes more apparent. 

Oh, I have absolutely no faith whatsoever that the White Sox would sign him if he does hit free agency. It's just that he's probably the last of the mega-deal type options out there.

2 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Oh, I have absolutely no faith whatsoever that the White Sox would sign him if he does hit free agency. It's just that he's probably the last of the mega-deal type options out there.

True. There literally does seem like there’s no tomorrow with FA. No one else the fans should be excited about, atleast

2 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Yeah we better start getting some great production from the minors

I know everyone was excited about yesterday’s lineup, but what other internal difference makers are there in the organization?  Almost feels now that catcher or right fielder are biggest areas to focus on for offense.

Just now, whitesoxwinner said:

Yeah it's a pretty terrible free agent class, and that's before the season even starts. Where you gonna spend the money if you miss out on harper, Jerry?

Well if we were still being reasonable, the other answer next offseason is frontline starting pitching. 

Of course, the White Sox still have a ton of starting pitching...and there's the minor problem of the Red Sox, Yankees, and Astros all needing starting pitching next offseason...

Just now, fathom said:

I know everyone was excited about yesterday’s lineup, but what other internal difference makers are there in the organization?  Almost feels now that catcher or right fielder are biggest areas to focus on for offense.

We may have to go catcher this draft. The top two players in this draft to me are the catchers. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Well if we were still being reasonable, the other answer next offseason is frontline starting pitching. 

Of course, the White Sox still have a ton of starting pitching...and there's the minor problem of the Red Sox, Yankees, and Astros all needing starting pitching next offseason...

Sadly I’m sure Sox front office thinks Sale wants to return