Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox never had a chance with Harper IMO, but if San Fran is willing to go 10 years and "a chance at the record dollar figure he's been looking for" as some San Fran people are reporting now, this thing is over.  

Yeah, he's going to either LA or SF, and my money is on LA. 

He's going to sign March 1st at the latest (my opinion).  I feel this is the last ditch effort to get some final bids.  Harper loves the game of baseball and its probably killing him not to be in spring training right now.  The Phils don't believe they have a good chance was reported to see if it created an opening for a team like the Sox or Giants.  We're going to hear about all these offers/meetings  for the next 12 or so hours and Harper is going to end up signing.   In order of likeliness here are my top teams:

1. Giants

2. Dodgers

3. Phillies

4. Sox

5. Nationals

6. Padres

Edited by Peacock Wrestler

1 minute ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

He's going to sign March 1st at the latest (my opinion).  I feel this is the last ditch effort to get some final bids.  The Phils don't believe they have a good chance was reported to see if it created an opening for a team like the Sox or Giants.  We're going to hear about all these offers and teams for the next 12 or so hours and Harper is going to end up signing.   In order of likeliness here are my top teams:

1. Giants

2. Dodgers

3. Phillies

4. Sox

5. Nationals

6. Padres

Agree with this except for the order of Giants and Dodgers. I can't believe that the Dodgers would let him go to the Giants. There is a lot of bad blood there. 

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

What will probably happen is Harper signs with the Dodgers or Giants. Then we will hear from Rosenthal or Nightengale that the Sox were actually in it until the end and offered a 10 year, 300+ million deal to save face.

Nah, the report will be that Boras never called back but that they were prepared to offer the best deal by far!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Will be funny if Boras doesnt even give a final bid and Sox are just sitting there waiting for the call while the news announces his signing.

It'd be so fitting the two teams who slow burned the hell out of giving these 2 guys fair contracts end up with neither

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Sox in angry stealth mode!!!

Kenny and Hahn are sitting back and laughing to each other — why would you sign one player for $330 million for ten years when you could spend the same total amount on your next seven offseasons?!?

Edited by Harper2Sox