Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, Sarava said:

Jerry should sell the team if he wont spend any money. This is ridiculous.

I have never been a true Jerry hater, but this offseason (along with the disaster that is the Bulls) has really turned me that way.  Knowing our luck dude will live to 100 and then somehow leave the team to his son who just may be worse.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Agree with this.

The Giants make no sense for a lot of reasons. Bumgarner is leaving and they have no pitching after him - Cueto is dead, and Samardzija is still Samartard. They have aging bats in the lineup with no real prospects coming up. They don't have great payroll flexibility after signing Bryce. The ballpark is a pain in the ass to hit in unless your name is Barry Bonds. 

The Dodgers don't make a lot of sense to me either - I don't think there's any chance they give him 10 years. They could certainly afford it, but they'd practically be paying Bryce 25-50% more than his salary with the tax involved. 

I could see the Giants just throwing 10 at 350 and a 4 year opt out at Bryce and he'd clearly accept because it'll be the best offer but it's an odd choice... what makes it even weirder is the GM wants nothing to do with him, and he's brand new and was brought in to turn around this dumpster fire that was started by taking on aging veteran contracts. If ownership goes over his head 6 months into the new job, I'd be pissed.

This is not funny in the least and you should be embarrassed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have never been a true Jerry hater, but this offseason (along with the disaster that is the Bulls) has really turned me that way.  Knowing our luck dude will live to 100 and then somehow leave the team to his son who just may be worse.

Same. I said I was on the fence with him, leaning towards he's alright...going in to this off-season. Unless they sign Bryce Harper, to me he is permanently cementing his legacy as a cheapass.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A cheapass who has allowed KW & Hahn to run afoul with no accountability.

Yeah kind of like Garpax.

I'm going to be a pissed off Sox fan if/when he signs with another team.

I wonder how ticket sales have been the last couple weeks....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Agree with this.

The Giants make no sense for a lot of reasons. Bumgarner is leaving and they have no pitching after him - Cueto is dead, and Samardzija is still Samartard. They have aging bats in the lineup with no real prospects coming up. They don't have great payroll flexibility after signing Bryce. The ballpark is a pain in the ass to hit in unless your name is Barry Bonds. 

The Dodgers don't make a lot of sense to me either - I don't think there's any chance they give him 10 years. They could certainly afford it, but they'd practically be paying Bryce 25-50% more than his salary with the tax involved. 

I could see the Giants just throwing 10 at 350 and a 4 year opt out at Bryce and he'd clearly accept because it'll be the best offer but it's an odd choice... what makes it even weirder is the GM wants nothing to do with him, and he's brand new and was brought in to turn around this dumpster fire that was started by taking on aging veteran contracts. If ownership goes over his head 6 months into the new job, I'd be pissed.

Ain't you the same guy that said Machado to San Diego didn't make any sense cause San Diego was deep in debt paying down renovations for Petco?

I don't think the Dodgers give a rats ass about all this luxury tax nonsense. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Ain't you the same guy that said Machado to San Diego didn't make any sense cause San Diego was deep in debt paying down renovations for Petco?

I don't think the Dodgers give a rats ass about all this luxury tax nonsense. 

Any team cares. If the Dodgers didnt care they wouldnt have tried so hard to get under it and reset their tax. Of course they care.

Yes, I was wrong about San Diego. As were many others. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Yeah kind of like Garpax.

I'm going to be a pissed off Sox fan if/when he signs with another team.

I wonder how ticket sales have been the last couple weeks....

Ticket sales over last ten days would probably be negative if they gave refunds for already purchased ticket plans.

9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Padres, Giants, LA all Cali teams in the NL. Good night sweet Princes. 

Padres can't sign him cause they are loaded with debt from the renovations at Petco

Giants can't sign him cause they have a bunch of bloated contracts on their roster and hitting at their park is a nightmare

Dodgers can't sign him because they will go over the luxury tax and Manfred will immediately lock the gates to Dodger Stadium if they do that.

I guess that leaves the Anaheim Angels as the winner. Harper and Trout in the same outfield would be wild. 

Edited by OneDog847

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

“Solid” guys are what got us the 2nd and 3rd place finishes that resulted in the rebuild. The org said they were going to be in the market for big time players to supplement the cost controlled guys. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

solid free agents are terrible investments.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sale, lol.  

The best FA options on that list are all pitching.  The Sox should have the pitching.  They will need position players.

The majority of the position players available are a bunch of older options that will be declining for the life of the rebuild.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

none of those players make sense for the Sox, how do you not see that