Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol at cheap. Largest contract in baseball history... Sox are cheap for not beating it? Please.

Sox whouod have given manny 300 million - that's inexcusable. Being out on Harper was fine at that price 

Completely disagree. Both deals were a bargain for what they bring. Anyone who doesn't see that is a moron. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol at cheap. Largest contract in baseball history... Sox are cheap for not beating it? Please.

Sox whouod have given manny 300 million - that's inexcusable. Being out on Harper was fine at that price 

These contracts are the new norm, and if you are expected to be sitting at the table from here forward for premium free agents then yes you are cheap. Harper does so much more for your organization that Machado would ever do just based on marketability alone

Just now, reiks12 said:

There needs to be a boycott of our product this season. I'm hoping for Expos level of fan engagement. This front office is a joke and a total embarrassment.

I don't care if they relocate since I don't even live in Chicago anymore.

I live in Chicago and honestly, the thought of them moving doesn’t upset me as much as it used to.

• Like 3

Just now, beckham15 said:

These contracts are the new norm, and if you are expected to be sitting at the table from here forward for premium free agents then yes you are cheap. Harper does so much more for your organization that Machado would ever do just based on marketability alone

No he doesnt.

Winning is all that matters in this game when it comes to generating revenue. Look at the rangers with a rod for proof. Or any other big contracts. They dont sell tickets unless the team is good.

Just now, fathom said:

Fantastic deal for Phillies. This sucks

Jesus they even got Boras to go along with no opt outs and a low luxury tax number.

They're going to go sign Keuchel or Kimbrel now since they minimized the tax dollar, they'd have been under the 2020 tax line but narrowly if they had allowed an opt out after year 3. They just made it so they can still add another player under the tax line. 

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

There needs to be a boycott of our product this season. I'm hoping for Expos level of fan engagement. This front office is a joke and a total embarrassment.

I don't care if they relocate since I don't even live in Chicago anymore.

I’m in. I realIze they don’t care, but I’m not personally spending a cent on this team until there is new ownership. 

Edited by AJ123

2 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

FUCK THE WHITE SOX

13 years?!?!?!

edit: and there are no opt outs.

FUCK THIS

This makes it worse with the no opt outs. 13 years doesnt matter. 10 or 13 is all semantics. Anyone that believes the Dodgers offered 10 years now are smoking something good.

Just now, Tony said:

The AAV is fantastic. HATE the length. Would have been doing cartwheels if the Sox got Harper, but would hate to have him at age 39...

Bah, those last 3 years are nothing other than spreading out the tax payment. It's like deferred money - anything they get after age 34 or so is just gravy.