Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

When was the last time you saw young stars like Harper and Machado hit the open market? What did they sign for? Adjust it to 2019 money?

If you adjust ARoid and Manroid's 2000 vintage deals for payroll growth, you're talking about $500 million deals today being comparable to what those guys signed for. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

How has the White Sox current approach worked for them? 

When they win, they draw. Mark buehrle and Paul konerko weren't drawing fans when they sucked.

Sox fans don't show up to watch even ok baseball. They wont even show up and watch if they look good for a while - they need to sustain it to get fans.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Discuss what? Fans acting outraged about missing out on a player the whole world told you they were out on? My goodness

You trying to convince everyone that Bryce Harper is now an albatross.  We get it.  Don't need to repeat 77 times. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

When they win, they draw. Mark buehrle and Paul konerko weren't drawing fans when they sucked.

Sox fans don't show up to watch even ok baseball. They wont even show up and watch if they look good for a while - they need to sustain it to get fans.

I don't know if that is the case anymore. How did they do in 2012? It was worse than 2011, which was worse than 2010, which was worse than 2009, which was worse than 2008, which was worse than 2007.

A definite pattern has developed. This team is irrelevant, and don't seem to want to make any bold financial moves to change. 

Edited by Dick Allen

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes and I think manny is a better player... hence why I wouldnt just give an extra 30 million to Harper over what my manny ceiling would be.

You are not factoring in the extra revenue will generate with Harper over 13 years. It’s the cost of James fucking McCann

Edited by thxfrthmmrs