Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

3 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

So who was starting that GoFundMe to put a billboard up on the highway by the stadium, again....?

I truly do hope it happens and that theres enough interest in getting it up. The Bulls one got national headlines and attention, albeit did not achieve their goal. I would expect something similar with the Sox but anything to get attention on the situation here.

This specific situation is not on Hahn. Neither is Machado if Jerry didn't allow him to guarantee more than that. But everything else Hahn has done as GM, excluding the trade with the cubs, all have been failures. So yeah, this offseason shows how cheap Jerry is, but we knew before how bad Hahn is. 

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

How do you figure?

Has a superstar (Sale), and about 5 other slamdunk all-stars. None are young, but many are great. 

There are some wonderful players. They are the types of "over the hump" acquisitions. Thats what made this year nice (sigh) these were franchise aligning ones. You need to get the most out of the immediate value of next years guys.

I'm telling you the guy I think should be targeted first is Castellanos. The future offense does not look good enough.

If they deliver castellanos and a pitcher its good for me.

I'll say Ive not completely discounted the chance that our player dev could improve dramatically this year. Getz doesn't seem like an idiot, but the org doesn't prioritize anything really. I literally don't know what they prioritize.

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm not a fan of Hahn anymore either but this is Jerry's fault much more than his. Hahn can only use the money he is given. 

Just remember - Rick Hahn's job is to work with ownership, not follow edicts from ownership. It should be a partnership, if it isn't, then Rick Hahn is doing a terrible job. .If Rick Hahn receives an edict saying he can't go past $250 million guaranteed to Machado, Rick Hahn's job is to find the money to do so. Sign Shields instead of Nova, let Abreu walk and move Davidson to 1b, skip Machado's buddies and play Engel and Palka, and you've saved the $50 million difference in literally 1 year. Maybe ownership doesn't want to let Abreu go...but you make it clear that's how important Machado is, that you're willing to do that set of moves, and you get ownership on board like a quality GM. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I'm not a fan of Hahn anymore either but this is Jerry's fault much more than his. Hahn can only use the money he is given. 

Hahn’s the moron who hyped up the offseason full on knowing what the payroll constraints are. Get over it and try to get more followers on twitter 

Here's the thing about the Bulls. I hate Gar Foreman and Paxson. But they have a good core of players. Lavine,Lauri,Carter and Porter is enticing to play with. Not to mention they'll have a high draft pick this year. They haven't been able to pull off free agency. But their rebuild looks good. I have no idea what the hell is going to happen here yet. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MyNamesRod said:

This specific situation is not on Hahn. Neither is Machado if Jerry didn't allow him to guarantee more than that. But everything else Hahn has done as GM, excluding the trade with the cubs, all have been failures. So yeah, this offseason shows how cheap Jerry is, but we knew before how bad Hahn is. 

this offseasons acquisitions have been the most brutal of his entire tenure, including his first offseason that was basically keppinger.

• Like 1

Just now, Whitesoxa6 said:

Hahn’s the moron who hyped up the offseason full on knowing what the payroll constraints are. Get over it and try to get more followers on twitter 

do you really only exist for this reason? Stop following him around and sniping. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

How insecure are you that you feel the need to stalk him?  Try to get over it is great advice.  You should take it.

• Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

this offseasons acquisitions have been the most brutal of his entire tenure, including his first offseason that was basically keppinger.

God I genuinely don't know. 

Samardzija/LaRoche/Cabreroid/Robertson/Beckham/Bonifacio

Frazier/Latos/Rollins/Lawrie/Navarro/Jackson/Avila

Nova/Jay/Alonso/Santana/Herrera/Colome/McCann

I literally have no idea which of those is the worst. You can make a case for  any of them. This one isn't nearly as expensive as those debacles, we traded away more in those moves, and ugh.

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

I’m not mad at Rick or anyone.  Eloy is going to raaaaaaake

That's exactly what the FO wants you to be thinking right now. We already knew Eloy was going to rake. The whole point was to add a hitter right next to him in the lineup that rakes as well. 

44 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Finally, now we have the money to extend Jose Abreu for 4 years. 😢

Yep. It is pretty much a lock that Abreu gets an extension at some point this year. Kenny hinted strongly at this with his comments about paying our own guys down the line in the immediate aftermath of the Machado debacle. 

3 years in the low 50s is my prediction.