Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The normal part of me would otherwise have been kinda curious whether Moncada is still taking all his reps at 3b, but honestly, I don't care. I don't even want to know. 

(yes he was taking all his reps at 3b today)

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Are you kidding?  Dude I'm at a ZERO as far as interest and my account here is 14 years old.  I haven't been lower than probably a 5 (out of 10) any time in my adult life.  The years I was excited as an adult and had the means to go to spring training -- post Jose signing and post Sale trade with Moncada and Kopech in camp -- I went and spent hundreds on tickets, lodging, food, etc.

Furthermore I've had MLB.tv for the last 12 years.  12 years!  Since I was in college!

That's done.  I'm at a ZERO.  I just booked my annual spring trip and it was 50/50 on if I was going to SoCal or spring training.  Easy choice man, easy choice.  I'll be in San Diego this march, not Tempe.

Futhermore I have bought behind home plate tickets every year the Sox are here in Seattle since I moved here.  That's done.  I spent money seeing them in NYC and Baltimore when I was living in NYC.  I've spent plenty of fucking money on them.  

IM DONE.

You chose San Diego after what they did to us.  For Shame...Just kidding have fun!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think you're seriously underestimating what they just did. And you can fire my post count back at me if you want, I won't even tune in during free preview week this year.

Yup that's the infuriating part. They really don't give a shit people are mad right now, they made the decision to not match the offer damn well knowing people wouldn't be happy but oh well. My money might not make a huge difference in the in the bigger picture but I'll feel better knowing I'm not contributing to JR's pockets and their failure of a FO.

Thank god for reddit as well btw, I'll need that for when Eloy debuts.

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not gonna lie I'll probably still go to a few games, definitely less.

But they really killed the obssession over team building, minors, intl fa, whatever. What does it matter when they don't know what they are doing?

It'll be back when they win...whenever that is.

This is the most honest post. It's perfectly acceptable to be furious right now. I am furious too. Even though I can voice my frustration by not going to games etc... they will reel us right back in if this rebuild works. I'll still tailgate with some friends this year because that's important to me. But until they prove they can win.. anything at all.. i am now as disillusioned as I will ever be.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not gonna lie I'll probably still go to a few games, definitely less.

But they really killed the obssession over team building, minors, intl fa, whatever. What does it matter when they don't know what they are doing?

It'll be back when they win...whenever that is.

I'll probably go to opening day because it's a sunk cost, but I really really don't care to go to any more and I just moved two blocks away a few months ago.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I renewed my 20 game plan I was going to blow off, right after the Winter Meetings when I thought, hey this could happen. I was right all along. But I will go. It still should be more interesting than the last couple of seasons. But it will take a lot of guys stepping up to renew for 2020. I will always now have the question in my mind as to how serious they are about winning. If they signed Machado, they weren't going to win this year, I know that. But it was a commitment. The commitment seems more towards the bottom line than anything else, and once you reach that point, it's time for ownership to cash out. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

So basically it seems there were 3 teams (Phillies, White Sox, and Padres) ready to spend "stupid" money for the 2 stars available this off season and the White Sox are the one that ends up neither.

No, there were 2 teams coming into the offseason ready to spend.  Padres only jumped in cause Sox were playing not to lose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Was he wrong?

Why follow a team if it causes you so much anguish on a daily basis over years?  I love the Sox. I always will.  I am beyond pissed right now, and if I actually lived in Chicago I would do something about it and attend far less games than I usually would.  But I don't live in Chicago, and I will continue to watch the team, because that is what I have done since I was a young child.  

I think the Sox have done a poor job in a lot of areas in the last decade.  I think yesterday was near the top.  I think they deserve a ton of ridicule and I think they deserve every bit of lacklash they will get this offseason.  I am pretty much done with JR.  But I still love the team, and I will still root like hell for them, and I don't openly hate every single decision they make (though I do hate them not just guaranteeing $50M more to MM) and act like I could actually be better at the professionals jobs than they are.  

But that is just my opinion.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

So basically it seems there were 3 teams (Phillies, White Sox, and Padres) ready to spend "stupid" money for the 2 stars available this off season and the White Sox are the one that ends up neither.

Sounds about right.  Except the Sox thought they could get a premium player for pennies on the dollar like they were dumpster diving not shopping on Broadway.  Good one.

I am tremendously disappointed right now but I know myself and I will watch more games than I should and watch post games too.  I am sure I will be very happy when John Jay gets that game winning RBI against the Royals.  Help me.  I have a problem.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why follow a team if it causes you so much anguish on a daily basis over years?  I love the Sox. I always will.  I am beyond pissed right now, and if I actually lived in Chicago I would do something about it and attend far less games than I usually would.  But I don't live in Chicago, and I will continue to watch the team, because that is what I have done since I was a young child.  

I think the Sox have done a poor job in a lot of areas in the last decade.  I think yesterday was near the top.  I think they deserve a ton of ridicule and I think they deserve every bit of lacklash they will get this offseason.  I am pretty much done with JR.  But I still love the team, and I will still root like hell for them, and I don't openly hate every single decision they make (though I do hate them not just guaranteeing $50M more to MM) and act like I could actually be better at the professionals jobs than they are.  

But that is just my opinion.

I am seriously considering not following them myself. I would bet there are a lot of others considering the same. 

I don’t owe it to anyone to prove my fandom. There is more to life then sports and entertainment and when the entertainment sucks why waste my time, money, and energy on it? I can definitely fill that void with something else that is meaningful and fun. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I'm for sure out for a while. No games, nothing but highlights and an occasional check to see how players are doing. I'll probably lurk here when bored (as usual). Gonna follow some NPB, Brewers and Cardinals this year. 

I wish I didn't feel this way. I wish I still cared.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I renewed my 20 game plan I was going to blow off, right after the Winter Meetings when I thought, hey this could happen. I was right all along. But I will go. It still should be more interesting than the last couple of seasons. But it will take a lot of guys stepping up to renew for 2020. I will always now have the question in my mind as to how serious they are about winning. If they signed Machado, they weren't going to win this year, I know that. But it was a commitment. The commitment seems more towards the bottom line than anything else, and once you reach that point, it's time for ownership to cash out. 

The Sox JR on down proved 100% yesterday Machado/ today Harper the commitment was and never had been about winning. Sox fans will not easily forget managements actions. 🤬

Edited by Soxfest

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I am tremendously disappointed right now but I know myself and I will watch more games than I should and watch post games too.  I am sure I will be very happy when John Jay gets that game winning RBI against the Royals.  Help me.  I have a problem.

Like I said earlier, we all need a 12 step program to quit the Sox. 

Me: My name is Jack, and I'm a Sox fan

SoxTalk: Hi Jack

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, shipps said:

I am seriously considering not following them myself. I would bet there are a lot of others considering the same. 

I don’t owe it to anyone to prove my fandom. There is more to life then sports and entertainment and when the entertainment sucks why waste my time, money, and energy on it? I can definitely fill that void with something else that is meaningful and fun. 

I know for a fact that most FOs have PR folks that read forums.  It's been confirmed on RealGM numerous times.  I hope like hell that the White Sox have people reading this in the FO and are horrified at what they are seeing.  We are not the casual fans.  We are the base.   Sadly however the guaranteed TV money and revenue sharing makes our individual boycotts less effective.  I would think that thinks like 15K on opening day and bottom barrel local TV ratings would spook them a bit.  Hopefully.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I know for a fact that most FOs have PR folks that read forums.  It's been confirmed on RealGM numerous times.  I hope like hell that the White Sox have people reading this in the FO and are horrified at what they are seeing.  Sadly however the guaranteed TV money and revenue sharing makes our individual boycotts less effective.  I would think that thinks like 15K on opening day and bottom barrel local TV ratings would spook them a bit.  Hopefully.

Sox Tv ratings were in the bottom 3 in MLB last year this won’t help.

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

I'm for sure out for a while. No games, nothing but highlights and an occasional check to see how players are doing. I'll probably lurk here when bored (as usual). Gonna follow some NPB, Brewers and Cardinals this year. 

I wish I didn't feel this way. I wish I still cared.

Exactly this. I honestly wish I could just jump right back into the rebuild but I can't. I live in the Cardinals market, I'll likely spend the start of the season watching Goldy & Co. I'll still stay up to date on the Sox, I'm just not going to go out of my way to watch them for the time being.