Kyyle23

Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

29 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

They probably think all of their OF prospects will be sure-fire successes.

Well they moved one of the most valuable players in their organization off his natural position because Nick Madrigal may someday play there, so they have been known to think that way.

Maybe the Padres will shock the world and sign Harper too?

Yo, Preller here is a gameplan:

Sign Harper for 5 years 175 million guaranteed. 100k bonus for every game that is a sell out at Petco. 20 million bonus if the Padres win one World Series while under contract. 50 million if they win two or more. 

Trade some of your gazillion prospects for Grienke, Kluber, and Rodon. 

Being a GM is easy on paper ;}

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

Maybe I’m naive, but this is a positive tweet.  If the Sox are going after him and don’t want Phillies to think they are a threat....

This....if they are indeed bidding on him there is no chance they are going to be as public with things as they were with Machado, that way if they don’t land him they don’t have fans expectations up and make this even worse. With that said, I don’t think they are in it...

The problem is that the Phillies went all in with the spending “stupid money” comment.  Now they have to land Harper at all costs and only Sox ownership and front office doesn’t think they have to follow through on their promises to the fans.

Edited by Harper2Sox

Bob Nightengale said in so many words that Harper is signing with the Phillies, so at least we know that won't happen.

• Like 1

The funny thing is, just think about the fan reaction one way or the other...

Sign Harper, bring all the fans back, make tons of money in ticket, concessions, merchandise, etc. sales

Whiff on Machado and pass on Harper, everything goes to shit.

How do the Sox not realize this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

Sign Harper, bring all the fans back, make tons of money in ticket, concessions, merchandise, etc. sales

I think they do but JR doesn't give a shit

5 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Harper's contract would easily pay for itself and probably then some. How they don't understand that I'll never know. 

We have the advantage — Harper supposedly is not a fan of Philadelphia, likes Chicago, his dog is named Wrigley, and his BFF is Kris Bryant.  If the Cubs don’t want him, at least he can still reside in Chicago so he and his wife can hang out with the Bryant’s.

26 years old, .900 career OPS, Rookie of the Year, 6x All-Star, 2015 MVP, and the face of MLB The Show 2019.  What other player as young as 26 will become available in the near future that is as talented and marketable as Harper?  We also have the DH spot for him to settle into at the end of the deal when he is in his mid-30’s.

Show Harper the money, Jerry!

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

We have the advantage — Harper supposedly is not a fan of Philadelphia, likes Chicago, his dog is named Wrigley, and his BFF is Kris Bryant.  Show him the money, Jerry!

I dont think any of this matters - union wants the most money - but man... when I was playing baseball and my best friend too - I'd have taken less money if we're talking tens of millions to play in the same city for a decade. It would be so much fun to have had gone through that with him.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

“Unprecedented financial flexibility” & “economic might”!  Just wait until there are legit big spenders in the mix!  I’ve never hated this front office & ownership group more in my entire life...what a bunch of fucking clowns.  HBS should be embarrassed to call Rick one of their own.  WORST GM IN BASEBALL...FULL STOP.

• Love 2

Getting Harper would not only go against everything Hahn and company have said and done this past week as well as every other report out there aaaaaannnd would take Hahn pulling off the heist of a lifetime. It makes soooooooooo much more sense that they are truly out of it. It’s like how yankee fans wouldn’t stop believing they had a chance on Manny despite all of the evidence.  

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, shipps said:

Getting Harper would not only go against everything Hahn and company have said and done this past week as well as every other report out there aaaaaannnd would take Hahn pulling off the heist of a lifetime. It makes soooooooooo much more sense that they are truly out of it. It’s like how yankee fans wouldn’t stop believing they had a chance on Manny despite all of the evidence.  

Out of curiosity, what has Hahn said that would go against getting Harper?

24 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

We have the advantage — Harper supposedly is not a fan of Philadelphia, likes Chicago, his dog is named Wrigley, and his BFF is Kris Bryant.  If the Cubs don’t want him, at least he can still reside in Chicago so he and his wife can hang out with the Bryant’s.

26 years old, .900 career OPS, Rookie of the Year, 6x All-Star, 2015 MVP, and the face of MLB The Show 2019.  What other player as young as 26 will become available in the near future that is as talented and marketable as Harper?  We also have the DH spot for him to settle into at the end of the deal when he is in his mid-30’s.

Show Harper the money, Jerry!

Whow, ease up there. We heard the same shit about how Manny supposedly didn't like SD or the west coast.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Out of curiosity, what has Hahn said that would go against getting Harper?

He said no to Manny because of the price tag for one thing. Manny who they felt was the best fit anyway. 

• Like 1

It's really amazing (and I don't blame them at all) how hostile the Sox fan base is.  Nearly every response to tweets from the Whitesox account is negative.  

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

“Unprecedented financial flexibility” & “economic might”!  Just wait until there are legit big spenders in the mix!  I’ve never hated this front office & ownership group more in my entire life...what a bunch of fucking clowns.  HBS should be embarrassed to call Rick one of their own.  WORST GM IN BASEBALL...FULL STOP.

He went to law school at Harvard, graduated in the Class of 1996.

1 minute ago, shipps said:

He said no to Manny because of the price tag for one thing. Manny who they felt was the best fit anyway. 

You don't think it's damage control because they completely botched the negotiations?  That seems a hell of a lot more likely than all of a sudden having a 300 million dollar limit.

Also I'm sure Hahn and Kenny think Manny is a better fit on the field.  Off the field, I would be stunned if Jerry didn't favor Harper.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1