Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Position wise Arenado and Rendon seem to be the prizes. If they make it that far. If they need a 3B next year it means Moncada either couldn’t handle it, or they would move him again.

Bogaerts is the other obvious one on that side of the infield...Goldschmidt, DH types like Martinez and Khris Davis if he doesn't extend with the A's.

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I think people can see that we are going in a "good" direction, but the ceiling of this rebuild keeps getting lower and lower..

No one has any clue what the ceiling is yet. That’s the problem. Everyone wants to judge before anything has an opportunity to come to fruition. This requires patience. 

30 minutes ago, iamshack said:

I think they will learn from this. As much as people are disappointed, infuriated, devastated, etc., so is the FO. Say what you want about Rick, but he’s not some “ old-school baseball guy.” He’s educated, shrewd, and certainly not a fool. There will be other opportunities to capture impact players as a result of their payroll flexibility. This was just the clearest opportunity to take advantage of that.

Well if they really did learn from this, Harper is still out there for the taking.

4 minutes ago, iamshack said:

No, you’re just accustomed to being a miserable fuck and trying to reign your shit down on the rest of us because you’ve got nothing better to do with your life.

You’ve got 50 thousand fucking posts on this forum and all you do is complain, like a spoiled, pathetic child. 

Find another hobby.

It's going to be a LONG year.

I'm not sure where the realistic compromise is, though...between the "two sides" in this argument about management/ownership.

I guess we can just try to enjoy the minor league season again as much as possible, and the Jimenez and hopefully Cease debuts.

You're right about one thing, in the sense that complaining/venting/whining about anything isn't going to change the way this ownership group operates.  That said, if more and more season ticket holders like Dick Allen completely abandon this franchise, then they're eventually going to have no choice but to take notice, unlike the Bulls, who seemingly have a 30 year grace period.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Well if they really did learn from this, Harper is still out there for the taking.

Yeah shack is all over the place. He posted to another poster he would rip the front office if they missed on both. Now people doing exactly that need to find a new team to cheer for, 

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

It's going to be a LONG year.

I'm not sure where the realistic compromise is, though...between the "two sides" in this argument about management/ownership.

I guess we can just try to enjoy the minor league season again as much as possible, and the Jimenez and hopefully Cease debuts.

You're right about one thing, in the sense that complaining/venting/whining about anything isn't going to change the way this ownership group operates.  That said, if more and more season ticket holders like Dick Allen completely abandon this franchise, then they're eventually going to have no choice but to take notice, unlike the Bulls, who seemingly have a 30 year grace period.

That depends on what your expectations are/were. I never expected ‘19 to be much more than a continued development year.

I really think watching Moncada/Jimenez/Anderson/Giolito/Lopez/Rodon will be fun to watch. Later in the year, we will likely see Seby and Cease make their debuts. Wouldn’t be shocked to see a significant trade or two as well. 

Next year is when things really begin getting interesting. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Yeah shack is all over the place. He posted to another poster he would rip the front office if they missed on both. Now people doing exactly that need to find a new team to cheer for, 

So how could the same guy who wrote an article on the Sox signing both Harper and Machado not be pessimistic about the Sox front office after they apparently will miss on both guys?  Something doesn’t add up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Oh, I will. But there is no sense in doing so before Harper has been signed. We are still in this. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iamshack said:

No, you’re just accustomed to being a miserable fuck and trying to reign your shit down on the rest of us because you’ve got nothing better to do with your life.

You’ve got 50 thousand fucking posts on this forum and all you do is complain, like a spoiled, pathetic child. 

Find another hobby.

Nice..

too bad your hobby as a fake insider was short lived.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

There hasn’t been a real insider all offseason.

We all told you exactly what the Sox apparently thought. 

I’m not sure wtf you expected? The goddamned FO was in a state of utter disbelief with what happened. 

What don’t you understand here?

• Like 4

Other than Rabbit, who's more making "bemused" tweets and not staking out a position about Harper going to the White Sox, the wall of insiders has pretty much gone into hiding, with 2-3 exceptions who have been willing to take it on the chin, not that they controlled anything that has transpired.

They're being a lot more honest/transparent than WSD and his company/PR shtick to turn around and defend their not spending.

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

As I think about it more, the acquisitions of Jay and Alonso may not have been as counter productive, as we all assume, providing that the Sox intended to sign Harper, all along. Aside from the potential to help bring Machado as well, which failed, they could fit, if Harper is signed and the Sox intended to make a run for the Division, this year. We understand that they are both only going to be on the roster for one year, and they aren't really holding anyone back, except Palka, who would be replaced by Harper, anyway. They would have a decent lineup, with good balance, from both sides of the plate:

3B Moncada. SW

CF Jay. LH

LF Eloy RH

RF Harper LH

DH Abreu RH

1B Alonso LH

C  Castillo RH

2B Sanchez SW

SS Anderson RH

If Santana is really healthy, he is fine as a middle, or back end of the rotation starter. for one year, until Kopech and Cease going the rotation, next year.

The Bullpen has been fixed.

The point is that Jay and Alonso could be useful, if they sign Harper. Without him, their presence is indeed counter productive. So, yet one more argument for a scenario, in which they have always intended to pursue Harper, even though they brought in Manny's 305 Club, which did at least serve to conceal, or confuse their true intentions. It's the kind of stealth and 4 D chess, which is probably beyond our front office, but we won't know, until Harper is finally signed, if ever.

That sounds gravy, I just can't put that much faith into Rick Hahn at this point. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Other than Rabbit, who's more making "bemused" tweets and not staking out a position about Harper going to the White Sox, the wall of insiders has pretty much gone into hiding, with 2-3 exceptions who have been willing to take it on the chin, not that they controlled anything that has transpired.

They're being a lot more honest/transparent than WSD and his company/PR shtick to turn around and defend their not spending.

Our Executive Vice President literally said “I am wearing sunglasses so you don’t see how shocked I am.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iamshack said:

Our Executive Vice President literally said “I am wearing sunglasses so you don’t see how shocked I am.”

I believe you are legit, but I don't think Kenny was being honest. The fact that we moved Yoan to third the day before the signing tells me they knew their offer wouldn't get it done. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, iamshack said:

We all told you exactly what the Sox apparently thought. 

I’m not sure wtf you expected? The goddamned FO was in a state of utter disbelief with what happened. 

What don’t you understand here?

Who is we?  After the Padres signed Machado, it was pretty obvious that the Sox front office was completely hoodwinked.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I believe you are legit, but I don't think Kenny was being honest. The fact that we moved Yoan to third the day before the signing tells me they knew their offer wouldn't get it done. 

Agreed, great post.  The timing was definitely fishy to say the least.

3 minutes ago, iamshack said:

The problem is he shouldn’t be shocked if that wasn’t just for show. They were $50 million short, and same executive said they cannot guarantee him$300 million and build a winning roster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I hope he wasn’t. I hope it was staged, to be honest. 

• Like 1