Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Of course. When it isn't announced in an hour we'll hear Bryce took his wife out for some pizza and wasn't able to agree to the contract over the phone, maybe when he reaches an area with better cell service they'll announce!

Just now, Mr. Showtime said:

Of course. When it isn't announced in an hour we'll hear Bryce took his wife out for some pizza and wasn't able to agree to the contract over the phone, maybe when he reaches an area with better cell service they'll announce!

The text is 3 hours old. He already said his 90% accurate guy missed.

• Like 1

If the market is indeed terrible, I really wish the White Sox would zig when everyone else was zagging and sign both machado and harper to big time contracts around the $300 million mark. 

Coming into the offseason we were thinking Harper was looking at half-a-billion, and Machado would be over $325. Getting both for around the $300 mark would be an absolute steal. 

Obviously, the other teams would likely match it if that were the case and try to compete -- but it would be something if the front office decided to try to attack here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

I think we just ban him. SS2K5 loves good excuse for banning people 

That moron deserved their ban for not shutting up after being repeatedly asked to do so. The parasite is gone, get over it. Or, there's always WSI... what's left of it that is. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

^ It's true. As you can tell by all of the people who are still allowed to post here.

Careful, you're playing into the victims hand. Cast the first stone and then claim the roll of the victim when the stone comes flying back at ya. I get it though, it's hard to resist such temptation. ;)

4 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

That moron deserved their ban for not shutting up after being repeatedly asked to do so. The parasite is gone, get over it. Or, there's always WSI... what's left of it that is. 

Careful, you're playing into the victims hand. Cast the first stone and then claim the roll of the victim when the stone comes flying back at ya. I get it though, it's hard to resist such temptation. ;)

Free peavy44!!! Free the peav

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 2

The latest 'news' is that the San Francisco Giants will be offering Harper a 'lucrative' short-term deal. Loool. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/02/10/bryce-harper-free-agency-san-francisco-giants-serious-late-entry/2829955002/

For anyone in the know -- we know the SFG will NOT be getting Harper. Just another one of Boras's tactics to try to drive up the market. 

SFG have a pretty bad financial situation and an even gloomier outlook for winning due to a terrible prospect system and horrid mlb club. 

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

The latest 'news' is that the San Francisco Giants will be offering Harper a 'lucrative' short-term deal. Loool. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/02/10/bryce-harper-free-agency-san-francisco-giants-serious-late-entry/2829955002/

For anyone in the know -- we know the SFG will NOT be getting Harper. Just another one of Boras's tactics to try to drive up the market. 

SFG have a pretty bad financial situation and an even gloomier outlook for winning due to a terrible prospect system and horrid mlb club. 

The thought of what that ballpark could do to his stats... he'd seriously be taking a big risk to play there. Small sample size, but he has a .164/.305/.284 slash line in that park.

31 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

What's the deal with the bolded? Last I read, even though their payroll was high they owned a ton of the real estate around the ballpark and were one of the most lucrative franchises because of it.

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What's the deal with the bolded? Last I read, even though their payroll was high they owned a ton of the real estate around the ballpark and were one of the most lucrative franchises because of it.

They have a lot of overpaid old vets is probably what he meant.  Belt, Cueto, Shark, Longoria, Melancon, etc.  I would assume they have enough income to spend like drunken sailors if they want though.

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Brandon Crawford 15 mill, 15 mill
Brandon Belt 17 mill, 17 mill
Evan Longoria $15 mill, 15 mill
Johnny Cueto 22 mill, 22 mill
Jeff Samardzija 20 mill, 20 mill
Mark Melancon 14 mill, 14 mill

That's about 110 million for the next couple of years. 

Looking at those contracts will lead you to the conclusion that their in a disastrous financial situation for the next 2 years. 

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Pretty sure they lease the land around the ballpark, but regardless a costly real estate development is extremely unlikely to provide a quick payback.

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils