Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

I do not expect the Sox to get Harper.

With that said, the Sox prepared that video presentation for Harper, met with him several times, and sent Jim Thome to recruit him, at a time when they knew that Harper had turned down a $300 mil offer from the Nationals (if reports are to be believed).

This does support the idea that the Sox are prepared to go over $300 for Harper.  Or they are just terribly incompetent.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

I do not expect the Sox to get Harper.

With that said, the Sox prepared that video presentation for Harper, met with him several times, and sent Jim Thome to recruit him, at a time when they knew that Harper had turned down a $300 mil offer from the Nationals (if reports are to be believed).

This does support the idea that the Sox are prepared to go over $300 for Harper.  Or they are just terribly incompetent.

Gosh, I don't know, can we come up with any other examples recently of the White Sox believing they can get a guy at a discount of tens of millions of dollars because they gave a good presentation? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Seems to me like Boras is getting his worst nightmare and the one and only team seriously in on Harper is Philadelphia. That's why he's having Heyman tweet that San Diego is still interested. Padres likely can't compete with Philly, Sox are <300 apparently, Giants are short-term only. Philadelphia suddenly has a lot of leverage. 

• Love 1