Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

Can someone call the ticket office and see how many complaints or threats to cancel they received today?

Especially all those fans who bought tickets on the potential/implied promise of them adding Machado in the last couple of months...

And have either Jay or Alonso dared to come out and talk to the media today?

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I don't even know why we bother anymore. These morons don't deserve our money or loyalty.

Agreed. I'm not sure how much time I want to even dedicate to them this year. Definitely continue catching up with and finding new hobbies. I'll definitely save my money and not go to the 10-15 games I normally go to a year.

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

This is a free country and all but I truly won't understand people who show up and waste their hard earned money at the ballpark this year. These guys deserve to lay in irrelevancy for the foreseable future.

I'm not attending a single game this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, fathom said:

How is every Sox writer/blogger not demanding Hahn be fired?  This offseason is completely inexcusable.

soxmachine probably will, not that i particularly like it, but many others got a little too chummy getting access with hahn and don't want to miss out.

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

There just wasn't going to be any other outcome with Harper. They didn't have more than 250 for Manny. Why would they then go to Harper who will absolutely get more than Manny did? The Sox are not in the same league as the truly competitive teams. 

6 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I don't even know why we bother anymore. These morons don't deserve our money or loyalty.

Quoted for truth and accuracy. 

We should have a walk out petition here and send it over to Brooks. Vowing to not financially support this team next year. We are the die hards that have supported them when no casual fans would and we just arent going to do it anymore.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4

Just now, shipps said:

We should have a walk out petition here and send it over to Brooks. Vowing to not financially support this team next year. We are the die hards that have supported them when no casual fans would and we just arent going to do it anymore.  

you've got my vote

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Agreed. I'm not sure how much time I want to even dedicate to them this year. Definitely continue catching up with and finding new hobbies. I'll definitely save my money and not go to the 10-15 games I normally go to a year.

Yup. You'll be finding me at Busse or Mallard Lake on summer evenings for the foreseeable future. Fuck JR and company. I really don't think they grasp the damage they did to their fanbase this offseason. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I was planning on going to at least 10 this year if they got Machado, which is a lot for me. Now I'll probably go to 3 or 4 at the most. Even that's too many, but I love the Sox too much to not go to at least a few.

1 minute ago, shipps said:

I'm with you 100% Let's do it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

I usually laugh off the arm chair GM / fan offseason threads and posts - but let's be fucking honest with ourselves, I think SoxTalk collectively could have handled this whole thing a whole lot better than the paid professionals working at 35th and Shields.

I'm pretty sure my 2 year old could have had a better offseason than Hahn.  At least he knows not to trade for Fozzie and Animal until Kermit signs on the dotted line.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

Just now, maggsmaggs said:

I will be going to one, White Sox v. Red Sox for my dad's b-day, only because he wanted to see the World Champs. Other than that, won't be supporting this organization fiscally. 

If I want to go to a baseball game this year and not travel a long distance, I'll go to a Brewers game.