Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Like I said earlier, we all need a 12 step program to quit the Sox. 

Me: My name is Jack, and I'm a Sox fan

SoxTalk: Hi Jack

The problem is on the way home from the meeting I will turn on Ed and DJ and be sucked right back in.  "If you are just joining us, Covey has looked really good in the first 2 innings folks."

11 minutes ago, shipps said:

I am seriously considering not following them myself. I would bet there are a lot of others considering the same. 

I don’t owe it to anyone to prove my fandom. There is more to life then sports and entertainment and when the entertainment sucks why waste my time, money, and energy on it? I can definitely fill that void with something else that is meaningful and fun. 

Totally fair and understandable. 

Just now, wegner said:

The problem is on the way home from the meeting I will turn on Ed and DJ and be sucked right back in.  "If you are just joining us, Covey has looked really good in the first 2 innings folks."

You're so right. Unfortunately, this team is ingrained in our psyches. It blows. 

12 minutes ago, shipps said:

I am seriously considering not following them myself. I would bet there are a lot of others considering the same. 

I don’t owe it to anyone to prove my fandom. There is more to life then sports and entertainment and when the entertainment sucks why waste my time, money, and energy on it? I can definitely fill that void with something else that is meaningful and fun. 

I feel the same. Usually, this an exciting time of year. Baseball is back, the weather is going to start getting warmer. But it never really felt like Spring Training started due to the Machado saga and off-season dragging on. This whole thing just zapped any enjoyment and excitement for me.

To be frank, this hasn't changed my anticipated attention level at all. I may be paying less attention during ST just because without a Machado acquisition (and presumably no Bryce) I doubt we'll be players for the remaining free agents. I was looking forward to seeing if we'd try to grab some of the other remaining talent after getting a big fish, but now I strongly doubt we do that and am not sure if I'd like it if we did.

But I want to see these guys play. I really like everyone in our infield (despite management's stupidity regarding where they should play), I'm very ready for Eloy, and we have a bunch of interesting pitchers. What else am I going to be watching every night anyway?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, shipps said:

It is going to be hard, but I won't have any qualms about doing anything else. If I have something better to do, I will. I blame nobody for choosing this. I doubt most have the willpower to pull it off. I mean, if we've all posted here for 10+ years what is going to change? 

1 hour ago, Perfect Vision said:

So the Sox can now be labeled quitters this offseason as well as losers.

I'd like to officially nominate #seatatthetable as the official hashtag of the 2019 season.

Just make the new banner with the participation trophy on top of a seat at the kids table.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake said:

To be frank, this hasn't changed my anticipated attention level at all. I may be paying less attention during ST just because without a Machado acquisition (and presumably no Bryce) I doubt we'll be players for the remaining free agents. I was looking forward to seeing if we'd try to grab some of the other remaining talent after getting a big fish, but now I strongly doubt we do that and am not sure if I'd like it if we did.

But I want to see these guys play. I really like everyone in our infield (despite management's stupidity regarding where they should play), I'm very ready for Eloy, and we have a bunch of interesting pitchers. What else am I going to be watching every night anyway?

I can't disagree.  There's a lot of young talent on this team, and it will be exciting to watch them.  It's not the players' fault that the front office is a bunch of clowns.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, almagest said:

I'm for sure out for a while. No games, nothing but highlights and an occasional check to see how players are doing. I'll probably lurk here when bored (as usual). Gonna follow some NPB, Brewers and Cardinals this year. 

I wish I didn't feel this way. I wish I still cared.

"I wish I still cared". I know how you feel. I go back to the 1959 World Series. I also go back to the Bill Veeck days in the '70's (the Southside Hitmen for one), which I cherish when it was fun at the old ball park and I truly believe Bill Veeck cared about the fans. This ownership group and front office I can do without. 

Edited by Saufley

We're White Sox fans. Our owner was at the forefront of a strike during our teams best season in decades. Our organization threw a World Series lol. Why are White Sox fans acting as if this is the worst act?

The White Flag trade was just as bad if not worse; as was trading Chris Sale! We had a HOF player at a Jeff Keppinger contract and we traded him - it's not even that we had to sign him. 

This is life as a Sox fan... but honestly, who cares? I'm not saying having 27 titles would suck, but I probably wouldn't appreciate it or enjoy it as much. I wish there was more competence at the top, but I still love watching Tim Anderson play baseball... I love that swagger and I have the same attitude as Tim. You either with us, or get the fuck out the way.

I'm not a Jerry Reinsdorf or Kenny Williams fan, I'm a Chicago White Sox fan. I watch for the players... I'm excited to see Eloy, Yoan and Timmy continue to develop. Excited to see Luis Gonzalez season in the minors this year. Excited to see if Hansen can bounce back, and how flat out dominant Cease can be in AAA to start the year. This is going to be fun in spite of ownership. Win or lose, I'll enjoy spending some time following the development over Bryce Bush from unknown to potential star in the making.

As White Sox fans, just understand that misery is inevitable at some point. Failure and heart break... but then Joe Crede hits a double down the line in the 9th inning to win the game and propel you towards a World Series and you realize that you followed Joe Joe Crede since his A ball days.

The White Sox need new leadership, and it won't be the first time, but I'll still watch because I'm a White Sox fan and our fan base has given up enough... which invevitably has led to this partially.

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

It's not even just the team. The White Sox provide almost literally nothing of value but a few decade old good memories. They have the worst radio broadcast in baseball. A meh TV broadcast. A bottom tier stadium. A couple dive bars in walking distance(which i personally love but you get the point). 

Like, what, if anything, do they do at even an average level? If you can't do that, spend on the team. Yuck. I ate that my brain is going this places.

Edited by mqr
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

We're White Sox fans. Our owner was at the forefront of a strike during our teams best season in decades. Our organization threw a World Series lol. Why are White Sox fans acting as if this is the worst act?

The White Flag trade was just as bad if not worse; as was trading Chris Sale! We had a HOF player at a Jeff Keppinger contract and we traded him - it's not even that we had to sign him. 

This is life as a Sox fan... but honestly, who cares? I'm not saying having 27 titles would suck, but I probably wouldn't appreciate it or enjoy it as much. I wish there was more competence at the top, but I still love watching Tim Anderson play baseball... I love that swagger and I have the same attitude as Tim. You either with us, or get the fuck out the way.

I'm not a Jerry Reinsdorf or Kenny Williams fan, I'm a Chicago White Sox fan. I watch for the players... I'm excited to see Eloy, Yoan and Timmy continue to develop. Excited to see Luis Gonzalez season in the minors this year. Excited to see if Hansen can bounce back, and how flat out dominant Cease can be in AAA to start the year. This is going to be fun in spite of ownership. Win or lose, I'll enjoy spending some time following the development over Bryce Bush from unknown to potential star in the making.

As White Sox fans, just understand that misery is inevitable at some point. Failure and heart break... but then Joe Crede hits a double down the line in the 9th inning to win the game and propel you towards a World Series and you realize that you followed Joe Joe Crede since his A ball days.

The White Sox need new leadership, and it won't be the first time, but I'll still watch because I'm a White Sox fan and our fan base has given up enough... which invevitably has led to this partially.

Yes!!!  Preach Ray Ray.  I love it!!  I am with you all the way.

7 minutes ago, Jake said:

I am excited for Madrigal's this year too. I think the kid really really takes off. His wrist and wear down was expected and normal; power goes usually the year of a hand or wrist injury. Madrigal hits the ball with authority - he did with wood bats before. Kid will be a doubles machine with a .370 OBP and a GG at 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

It's not even just the team. The White Sox provide almost literally nothing of value but a few decade old good memories. They have the worst radio broadcast in baseball. A meh TV broadcast. A bottom tier stadium. A couple dive bars in walking distance(which i personally love but you get the point). 

Like, what, if anything, do they do at even an average level? If you can't do that, spend on the team. Yuck. I ate that my brain is going this places.

It's one of the best stadiums to watch a game at in baseball IMO, and I've been to about 20. 

I like the TV broadcast - the radio is comically bad. 

Best food in baseball for fans, and not a bad seat in house/can still walk around the entire park. l would much rather watch a game at Comiskey than Wrigley and that's not due to my fanhood.