Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why follow a team if it causes you so much anguish on a daily basis over years?  I love the Sox. I always will.  I am beyond pissed right now, and if I actually lived in Chicago I would do something about it and attend far less games than I usually would.  But I don't live in Chicago, and I will continue to watch the team, because that is what I have done since I was a young child.  

I think the Sox have done a poor job in a lot of areas in the last decade.  I think yesterday was near the top.  I think they deserve a ton of ridicule and I think they deserve every bit of lacklash they will get this offseason.  I am pretty much done with JR.  But I still love the team, and I will still root like hell for them, and I don't openly hate every single decision they make (though I do hate them not just guaranteeing $50M more to MM) and act like I could actually be better at the professionals jobs than they are.  

But that is just my opinion.

I think sometimes people mistake criticism for mental anguish and hating the team and optimism toward the sox for happiness and loving the team.

I love baseball and the white sox are my main expression of it. They have all my sentimentality tied into them. But it doesn't mean I am a proud papa just glad to see they are there. I want them to do well because the memories of them being awesome are such a part of my life, with friends and family. I'm interested in baseball team construction so I will judge the sox to being the best because they have some of the coolest jobs in the world and why shouldn't they hold themselves to that standard?

Just now, fathom said:

He told every team that he met with exactly what they wanted to hear. Harper wants to go to a winning team with prestige. The Sox never had a shot with him.

Had they put 10/$350 on the table they'd have a shot with him. They'd probably be signing him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

One way to rebel would be to draw 10,000 on opening day. That's the one day the outrage would be noticed (unless there's snow/ice/misery in the atmosphere). That would be way better than a newspaper ad that Cub fans would cherish.

I FINALLY AGREE WITH GREG!

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The second reply is pretty good...but there's something different this time. In 2014 I hated what they were doing and canceled the Extra Innings package, downsized to MLB.tv. After 2016 I canceled MLB.TV. I still went to a few road games each of those years, and tuned in when they were on TV, and still came here. This year? Once the anger dies down I don't know what's going to motivate me to be here, and absolutely will not be going to any MLB games this year. 

Somehow the fact that this will be the first year I'm not wearing White Sox gear on opening day since I was probably <10 years old...that means something to me. There's no lesser amount of caring I can do.

You post an awful lot here for someone that says they don’t care. 

1 minute ago, Goober said:

And he's 1000x the poster and sox fan that you are.

Lol, thanks Goober! He may be a better poster, but I highly doubt someone that openly admits to hardly watching them for years a bigger fan. But who am I or you to judge that? Fandom is subjective. 

Carry on. 

1 minute ago, iamshack said:

No one’s bragging, and no one guaranteed anyone anything. 

But you may be judging prematurely.

Shack, I would really, really like to believe you but after yesterday and how they handled everything I have no faith in the front office to do anything of significance outside of signing Adam Jones and boasting about it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Insider info?  Hopefully better than the Machado to Sox is a lock sources...

He was one of those sources. At the least he was one of the decent ones, who didn't arrogantly rip into people for doubting the org, but he pushed the line that the White Sox would get Machado done just like all the others.

He now feels it appropriate to engage in name calling and to quote me directly when in the 2 days since this went down not once did I tag him or call him out directly. In, what I add, is the first post I've seen from him since everything he said about the Machado deal was proven false. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

A sliver of Harper hope?

I mean, if I were the FO, seeing the Manny fall out, I'd probably go balls to the wall for Bryce. 

But this game can't be played with emotion, right?

That’s the last thing these front office types would do...they actually think the fans are on THEIR side, and understand the cold rationality borne out of their time at Stanford, Northwestern, Michigan, Harvard, etc.

All that education is worthless if the ownership group is in some type of reverse V for Vendetta campaign to put a ceiling on salaries.

Of course, there’s no cap on dumb FA signings from Tier B/C/D and the most useless collection of overpaid veterans that when added up collectively represented the $50 million we weren’t willing to guarantee.

So let’s freaking spend that money on our current collection of free agents that won’t sell a single ticket to a White Sox game this year.  Brilliant marketing strategy.  Not only that, let’s create a scenario where we even resent those players who are on the roster because of what they are most decidedly NOT, which is one superstar player to build around.

Gross incompetence. KW is the worst right now to me because of his over the top reaction of shock that Machado actually had the temerity to go elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

He was one of those sources. At the least he was one of the decent ones, who didn't arrogantly rip into people for doubting the org, but he pushed the line that the White Sox would get Machado done just like all the others.

He now feels it appropriate to engage in name calling and to quote me directly when in the 2 days since this went down not once did I tag him or call him out directly. In, what I add, is the first post I've seen from him since everything he said about the Machado deal was proven false. 

As I said, your narrative is looking up atm. 

And should the Sox sign neither player, I shall be very critical of the FO. 

However, this isn’t over yet.