Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

I wouldn't surprise me if the Sox were indeed out on Harper, but Nightengale's tweet doesn't mean anything.  Its just as likely to be a plant from the Sox hoping the Phillies think they are in fact the only team in, as opposed to the Sox actually being out.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shipps said:

We should have a walk out petition here and send it over to Brooks. Vowing to not financially support this team next year. We are the die hards that have supported them when no casual fans would and we just arent going to do it anymore.  

Not a bad idea. Honestly, just send the link to the Machado thread. 20k+ posts, and almost 1M views saysall you need to say. Easily go go a step further with a well articulated letter from all of us how we are all cutting out games this season. If Jerry can pay up, neither can we. Enjoy an even emptier ballpark.

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

That was me.. but I'm bad at leadership and penmanship, haha. I'll pass the torch to an admin or whoever has some literature background. Would be a fun group project as a board to put together. And think it would be fun and interesting to start tagging sox writers like fegan, garfein, l. holmes etc as well as news outlets to drum up interest and coverage. I bet we could get a decent story out of the newspaper ad.

I respect you BA but don't do it. Don't give Cub fans the satisfaction we are mad at our team. This anger will pass (Eloy).

I am too far away to buy tickets at their park but I won’t be going to an astros white Sox game this year. I know that doesn’t matter but it’s something.

More personally, this will be the first season I can remember, in more than at least 20 years, probably 30, that I won’t be wearing white Sox gear on opening day. Again they don’t care but that matters to me.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I wouldn't surprise me if the Sox were indeed out on Harper, but Nightengale's tweet doesn't mean anything.  Its just as likely to be a plant from the Sox hoping the Phillies think they are in fact the only team in, as opposed to the Sox actually being out.  

I was thinking yesterday that Harper was so happy since teams were going to get desperate and start a bidding war.  However, now I see it as Harper may have to settle for less due to the lack of suitors.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, hasn't it basically been proven that all this Twitter BS and mindgames means jack shit when someone finally steps up and offers acceptable money to the player/agent?

The time for Twitter BS has passed. The only time left is to actually make a real offer. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think everyone here knows to not take anything that Nightengale says as gospel but at this point we know how this organization is operating this offseason and they're absolutely out on Harper.  The rest of his tweet is just hilarious because it's the most White Sox thing of all time whether they're actually going for those guys or not.

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I mean, hasn't it basically been proven that all this Twitter BS and mindgames means jack shit when someone finally steps up and offers acceptable money to the player/agent?

The time for Twitter BS has passed. The only time left is to actually make a real offer. 

True.   For the longest time it was the Sox and Phils.   The Padres came out of nowhere (although they were the mystery team).  We may be out now, but things might change if the Phils try to get Harper for cheap.  

Edited by Peacock Wrestler

1 minute ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

True.   For the longest time it was the Sox and Phils.   The Padres came out of nowhere (although they were the mystery team).  We may be out now, but things might change if the Phils try to get Harper for cheap.  

The Phillies might try to save $10 million but they’re not stupid enough to lose out on that caliber of player over something so minor. They will know that $330 is likely a great deal for that player.

23 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I was planning on going to at least 10 this year if they got Machado, which is a lot for me. Now I'll probably go to 3 or 4 at the most. Even that's too many, but I love the Sox too much to not go to at least a few.

Maybe just Eloy's debut and Cease's (home) debut. But knowing me, I'll come into free tickets or be bored on a random weekend night or asked if I want to tailgate one day and I won't hesitate. Dammit.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, EL1 said:

You can always email him bboyer@chisox.com

Yep thats why I suggested it be him. Its doable and he is available. 

They wont care though. Its just baseball and we are the over reacting fans in their eyes. 

• Like 1

Watch Harper and Boras have to sign for under $300 million now...with the Sox and Nats refusing to bid up his price.

F#$& it, I hope it’s the Indians or Twins that signs him, because this front office needs to be kicked in the face about a dozen to realize the decimation they’re wreaking on the remaining members of the fanbase.

(But at least we have stale ass Benetti jokes to look forward to for the next decade...that oughta take the edge off.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

bucket of suck said the White Sox really liked where they stood with Harper. Either he is also fake (my belief) or the White Sox really liked being out. 

White Sox resign Andy the Clown, kids around Chicagoland scream out in horror.

In all seriousness, they might as well have a guy like we had in the Quad Cities who runs around and takes foul balls away before the kids can get them...he was the most hated “character” in the park, The Roadrunner everyone called him. 

More fast pitch competitions in the dead of winter, that would still be won by Shingo Takatsu’s frisbee slurve...that might help serve as collective therapy.