Heads22

Sox trade for Yonder Alonso; Alex Call to CLE

acquiring Yonder also doesn't hurt in terms of the public relations for Machado if he ends up choosing the Sox (because they would have offered the most money).  He can always say that the Alonso angle was one of the deciding factors.  

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Lol what? Not once in that sentence did he say DH. For the love of God, take a break from soxtalk for a few hours. Now you're the one giving us all brain aneurysms.

It’s interesting that Peavy44 stops posting for the night and Caulfield comes right in to take his place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s interesting that Peavy44 stops posting for the night and Caulfield comes right in to take his place.

Yes, because he’s made more spelling/grammatical errors in ten days than I have made in a decade.

We must be the same person!  You got me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Yes, because he’s made more spelling/grammatical errors in ten days than I have made in a decade.

We must be the same person!  You got me.

I wasn’t accusing you of being the same person, you clearly understand what a comma is.  I was referring your recent string of completely irrational posts.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Maybe.  Maybe saving this money on Alonso and Encarnacion allows them to keep Kluber and keep their window open longer.

or it gives them more flexibility to take on Kemp's contract in a Kluber trade where they're getting guys like Verdugo and Ruiz, etc.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Just read this entire thread. Wow. Caulfield, put down the bottle, log off Soxtalk and go to bed. 

can we just ban everyone with a number after their screen name?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As for the trade, why the heck not? A little repetitive with Palka, but as others have said, even if this moves our chances with Machado from 10% to 15%, why not? Palka was fun last year and all, but Alonso is a much better bet to be better next year, and we can still put Palka in a corner if need be. 

I like the move, If we strike out on the whales, you just use Alonso as a part time player. Sox have tons of payroll room, so I am not concerned about the $9M. 

Go get em Rick!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hey, that includes me!!!

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

This post needs more love. :lol:

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Jeez 2005 was a long time ago, can’t believe you still have a vendetta against me.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Figures. Right after I finally stop lurking after years and start posting. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Jeez 2005 was a long time ago, can’t believe you still have a vendetta against me.

to quote Chris Jericho, "you just made the list"

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

As for the trade, why the heck not? A little repetitive with Palka, but as others have said, even if this moves our chances with Machado from 10% to 15%, why not? Palka was fun last year and all, but Alonso is a much better bet to be better next year, and we can still put Palka in a corner if need be. 

I like the move, If we strike out on the whales, you just use Alonso as a part time player. Sox have tons of payroll room, so I am not concerned about the $9M. 

Go get em Rick!

There’s clearly some cabin fever here.  For the people saying this move is awful...uhhhh, you could just trade him if Machado signs elsewhere. This is not a big deal whatsoever.