Harper + Machado?

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Y2Jimmy with a fantastic write-up!  

And I’ve never heard of Adam Schein, but good god what an annoying, ignorant hack.  How the fuck could anyone stand to watch that douche for more than 90 seconds?

Sounds like he's from New York. It's almost impossible not to laugh while listening to a sports-media personality from New York.

37 minutes ago, tray said:

If JR lands one or both Manny and/or Bryce they should make arrangements to have SoxFest at a larger venue.

Go crazy as  Farmio says.

What’s your guys take on the impact that signing BOTH would have for the fan base? Do Sox fans come out in droves? Or still skeptical? 

Even with MM and Harper on the roster, fans need to understand that the process is not complete. The Sox may not even be in contention for the division in 2019 with both. 

1 hour ago, scotty22hotty said:

After reading up on Stadium, I'm now convinced Jerry is going all in to prepare for the new TV deal after 2019. Imagine having 2 premier stars playing games on your newly created sports network channel that currently has antenna distribution in most major cities and a lot of online partnerships.🤑

So theoretically we would have surrounded the core of Eaton/Sale/Abreu/Quintana with a lot more talent if the t.v. deal expired in 2014 or 2015?

Thank god there’s motivation the Bulls apparently don’t have (ticket sales/attendance/merchandising/inflated t.v. deals) to actually land a whale or two.

1 hour ago, scotty22hotty said:

After reading up on Stadium, I'm now convinced Jerry is going all in to prepare for the new TV deal after 2019. Imagine having 2 premier stars playing games on your newly created sports network channel that currently has antenna distribution in most major cities and a lot of online partnerships.🤑

That would be awesome!  It’s available in Birmingham, Charlotte, and Winston Salem.  Plus you can just stream it!  That would solve my problem by the Wisconsin border.  

7 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

What’s your guys take on the impact that signing BOTH would have for the fan base? Do Sox fans come out in droves? Or still skeptical? 

Even with MM and Harper on the roster, fans need to understand that the process is not complete. The Sox may not even be in contention for the division in 2019 with both. 

If we signed BOTH, along with the introduction of one Eloy Jimenez into the fold, you’d have to expect an immediate jolt to the bare bones season ticket holders ranks the team currently has, both full and partial season packages.  That’s a good start.  Then hopefully, as the season progresses, the excitement builds upon itself, and more partial season packages are sold along the way, along with a pretty significant bump in single game ticket sales, both in advance and walk-up.  

The sox have the payroll flexibility to make it happen. Personally I would love to see it, all though I would put the odds around 5%. Just based on the market that currently exists for both players which is surprisingly limited, 4 Teams linked to Harper (Sox, Phillies, Dodgers & Cubs in that order), 3 teams linked to Machado (Yankees, Sox & Phillies in that order). I think front loading and opt outs after 4 years would get it down with both players in addition to deferments at the back end. With the television contract on the horizon it wouldn't hurt to have to fresh franchise faces. Even if they signed both the sox would need one more starting pitcher and a center fielder.

12 hours ago, scotty22hotty said:

According to Rosenthal the TV rights deal might be announced as early as this spring even though it won't take effect until after the 2019 season.

On 12/15/2018 at 7:30 AM, caulfield12 said:

Sure, if we’re willing to field $160-180 million payrolls on a yearly basis.

It’s still going to require at least a 40% hit rate on our Top 12 prospects, and assumes Jimenez will be a hitting star.

$80-90 million spread across 3 players (logically, they need at least one veteran stud pitcher to solidify the rotation) for an organization that only operated like a large market team from 2006-2008 would be a huge leap of faith.

This is exactly the point.  

So a little #StayWoke theory on my part, maybe some of you guys have felt the same. Does anyone find it kind of odd we haven't heard any new Harper rumors these past few days? It's almost like his chase was over and no one is really linking him close to a deal with any teams. So of course you would assume he's definitely waiting for Manny to sign to try to 1 up his contract. Well what if Harper has already agreed verbally to go to the Sox as part of a double signing, hinging on the Sox being able to convince Manny to sign with them as well and Sox do end up get Harpchado. Then this weekend when Manny decides, if he takes the White Sox offer they announce both signings either this weekend or right after Christmas. Food for thought my fellow Soxtalkers....

21 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

So a little #StayWoke theory on my part, maybe some of you guys have felt the same. Does anyone find it kind of odd we haven't heard any new Harper rumors these past few days? It's almost like his chase was over and no one is really linking him close to a deal with any teams. So of course you would assume he's definitely waiting for Manny to sign to try to 1 up his contract. Well what if Harper has already agreed verbally to go to the Sox as part of a double signing, hinging on the Sox being able to convince Manny to sign with them as well and Sox do end up get Harpchado. Then this weekend when Manny decides, if he takes the White Sox offer they announce both signings either this weekend or right after Christmas. Food for thought my fellow Soxtalkers....

You magnificent bastard. Quit toying with my emotions and pulling me away from reality. Lol

• Haha 1