Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

31 minutes ago, ptatc said:

At least another 7 pages of how the Sox FO screwed up another chance to assist them in getting Machado because it didn't cost the Phillies much to acquire Yonder.

If it worked, yes. If not, we would laugh. 

Personally, I think throwing another $9 million for the 2019 season directly at Manny might work just as well, if not better.

But, at the very least, the Sox now have another recruiter who is tighter with him than any other team can throw out there. So we will see. I really don't think Hahn did that trade blind. I think it was part of the deal. 

Edited by Dick Allen

Check in on Andujar? Yes.

But Cashman has been as shrewd a trader as anyone in the business. It's not a task I'd take lightly. He will not give anything away, he'll just keep andujar on bench than trade for scraps.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Would you take middling prospects for him?  I know I wouldn't.

As I said, Cashman is still filling out his farm system.  Sometimes one or two of those "middling" prospects turns out to have more value in one organization than another.  Everybody loves to project young pitchers and we have a good amount of that.  It would certainly be worth a conversation.  We still have a some international money that we can't spend that might sweeten the deal.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Check in on Andujar? Yes.

But Cashman has been as shrewd a trader as anyone in the business. It's not a task I'd take lightly. He will not give anything away, he'll just keep andujar on bench than trade for scraps.

If we can't make a deal, fine.  But it's worth a phone call.  Andujar fits our timeline much better than he fits the Yankees'.  He needs some seasoning on defense and we can live with that.  They can't.

1 minute ago, RickinIndiana said:

As I said, Cashman is still filling out his farm system.  Sometimes one or two of those "middling" prospects turns out to have more value in one organization than another.  Everybody loves to project young pitchers and we have a good amount of that.  It would certainly be worth a conversation.  We still have a some international money that we can't spend that might sweeten the deal.

If we offered one or two middle guys for Andujar, even if for some unknown reason that interested the Yankees, I would bet greg's house that someone else would destroy that offer.  Someone will offer a decent starting pitcher for him, which is what NYY needs more than anything at all.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

you know what? Props to Levine for that. I appreciate that effort. Very college head coach search-y, but I'll take it. Also maybe they could have given him a camera with a lens instead of his nokia phone.

I'm disappointed in the lack of flight tracking by Soxtalk, we need to know every potential plane Manny & Bryce can be on!

Alright I want him there until dinner. 

Steak restaurant, not one of the good ones, they'll take him to one of the touristy ones, ones with private rooms.

Manny will order the 180 day aged bone in ribeye and JR's eye will twitch. "No, no, Manny this is too far. Sorry we are out"

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Alright I want him there until dinner. 

Steak restaurant, not one of the good ones, they'll take him to one of the touristy ones, ones with private rooms.

Manny will order the 180 day aged bone in ribeye and JR's eye will twitch. "No, no, Manny this is too far. Sorry we are out"

Steak dinner. Boom!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If we offered one or two middle guys for Andujar, even if for some unknown reason that interested the Yankees, I would bet greg's house that someone else would destroy that offer.  Someone will offer a decent starting pitcher for him, which is what NYY needs more than anything at all.

I think they know they won't get that for Andujar.  But I agree that others could probably top the best offer we would be comfortable making.  I would still ask.

3 minutes ago, RickinIndiana said:

I think they know they won't get that for Andujar.  But I agree that others could probably top the best offer we would be comfortable making.  I would still ask.

2-3 years worth of a middle staff starting pitcher for 5-6 years of Andujar is something the Yankees probably could find, especially out of a team looking to save some money.  Heck, a perfect example could be Cleveland. 

• Quin locked this topic