Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

2-3 years worth of a middle staff starting pitcher for 5-6 years of Andujar is something the Yankees probably could find, especially out of a team looking to save some money.  Heck, a perfect example could be Cleveland. 

I don't think Cleveland would make that deal unless they got a lot more.  I certainly wouldn't.  The level of SP the Yankees want to fit into their rotation is not something your going to get straight up for Andujar.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You guys think it's good, bad or indifferent that Chicago got the first meeting?  I have to think it's a positive.  Every other meeting will be compared to Chicago's and Chicago will get a chance to set the bar.  Hahn cannot fuck this up.

Honestly I think he's just checking the block so he can move on to the Yankees. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

You guys think it's good, bad or indifferent that Chicago got the first meeting?  I have to think it's a positive.  Every other meeting will be compared to Chicago's and Chicago will get a chance to set the bar.  Hahn cannot fuck this up.

I don't think Hahn is going to fuck anything up.  By all indications, the Sox will be either the highest offer, or the toe to toe with Philly as the highest offer.  If Manny wants to take a 3 year $150M deal with the Yankees, there was nothing Hahn could do. 

At least keep sight of that, Sox fans. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Indifferent. All the meetings should be incredible. 

Whoever is offering the most money is going to look the best. 

Probably, but the other stuff matters as well.  Sox need to present a vision.  Just like the Angels did with Ohtani.  Sell the vision and offer the most money.  Do it.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Indifferent. All the meetings should be incredible. 

Whoever is offering the most money is going to look the best. 

Most likely it doesn't matter. I think I would rather go last, but if they are going to be wining and dining, it might get old by Thursday. Offer the most money. At this point, it's about all that is left to do. The presentation isn't going to make him want to run away. 

11 minutes ago, RickinIndiana said:

Honestly I think he's just checking the block so he can move on to the Yankees. 

I still think the "playing with family" angle could also help his reputation instead of being the guy that only signed with a 100 loss team cause they offered the most money.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wouldn't trust Ozzie on a sales job.

He is more than likely going to hear what Ozzie thinks whether the Sox use him or not. It would probably be best if they tried to work with him. No matter what, Ozzie and his punk sons all love JR. So, at the very least, there's that.

• Quin locked this topic