Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

1 minute ago, G&T said:

I’m skeptical, obviously, but we do know that the Sox traded for Alonzo and the meetings for NY and Philly are 1 day visits. It’s evidence that, if a decision has been made, the Sox know it. But normally you wouldn’t let a bidder know that before visiting everyone. 

I'm still wondering if he has a meeting with someone tomorrow (Mets, Brewers, Cubs, Cardinals?)

2 minutes ago, G&T said:

I’m skeptical, obviously, but we do know that the Sox traded for Alonzo and the meetings for NY and Philly are 1 day visits. It’s evidence that, if a decision has been made, the Sox know it. But normally you wouldn’t let a bidder know that before visiting everyone. 

I still don't like the idea of a guy going for two more visits even if he says he'll sign with us. Way too much can happen. 

Just now, Saufley said:

I still don't like the idea of a guy going for two more visits even if he says he'll sign with us. Way too much can happen. 

It goes back again to a college recruiting visit....each visit is amazing and each team thinks they'll get him.  I can't wait for the term "silent commit" to be used this week.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm still wondering if he has a meeting with someone tomorrow (Mets, Brewers, Cubs, Cardinals?)

If three teams are public, how would one other manage to keep a secret that well? 

Just now, maggsmaggs said:

Yep. Also looked at that before I even read the rumor. People need to refrain from posting non-blue check mark tweets.

That’s a bit much, but yah at least seeing the guy has 68 followers first. Twitter is an endless cesspool. 

• Quin locked this topic