Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

That @SeanBradleyPHI account is 100% fake. The picture is of a guy named Dennis Ferrier who was fired from his last gig and now works in Tennessee. 

https://fox17.com/station/people/dennis-ferrier

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/01/29/dennis-ferrier-channel-4-wsmv-lawsuit-court/1074082001/

Edited by R.J.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

Ugh man the suspense is killing.....if he does want to sign I wish we would have been the last team to meet him just to be able to put fresh ink on a contract versus having to honor other visits......

For my two cents, which is worth two cents, I say just go ahead and sign and forget the other meetings. If you and your wife want to be here then sign!!

1 minute ago, Saufley said:

For my two cents, which is worth two cents, I say just go ahead and sign and forget the other meetings. If you and your wife want to be here then sign!!

I agree, no obligation to go to a second or third meeting if your heart is set on signing 

1 minute ago, Saufley said:

It is the professional thing to do though, especially for the agent and his future clients. Gotta be patient and hope for the best.

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

I agree, no obligation to go to a second or third meeting if your heart is set on signing 

3 minutes ago, Saufley said:

No bias at all haha 

Dude has to go to the meetings. They can end up blowing him away even more than the Sox did.

Edited by soxfan2014

5 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Ugh man the suspense is killing.....if he does want to sign I wish we would have been the last team to meet him just to be able to put fresh ink on a contract versus having to honor other visits......

True, but being the 1st team to meet with him, and have him in the city for 3 days gives is a chance for him to daydream about playing for us and for our guys to reach out him and show him a good time.

• Like 1

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

True, but being the 1st team to meet with him, and have him in the city for 3 days gives is a chance for him to daydream about playing for us and for our guys to reach out him and show him a good time.

Is it actually confirmed he is here until Wednesday? Why would he be here that long?

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It is the professional thing to do though, especially for the agent and his future clients. Gotta be patient and hope for the best.

I don't blame him for hearing the other offers, but not for the agent's benefit.  The agent works for Manny.

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Is it actually confirmed he is here until Wednesday? Why would he be here that long?

His next meeting isn't until Wednesday in NY. So his choices were to either stay here until Wednesday, or go to NY early. He isn't going to go home to Miami for 1 day and then go to NY the next day. It's good news that he is choosing to spend his extra day here and not in NY.

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

No bias at all haha 

Dude has to go to the meetings. They can end up blowing him away even more than the Sox did.

You are right 1000 percent with the bias there

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I’m a recruiter for my company (on the side when I’m not staring at these rumors all day in my) and a full believer in the motto of first to contact first to contract motto but still having him leave without a deal eats at my core

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

His next meeting isn't until Wednesday in NY. So his choices were to either stay here until Wednesday, or go to NY early. He isn't going to go home to Miami for 1 day and then go to NY the next day. It's good news that he is choosing to spend his extra day here and not in NY.

Is this true though or speculation that hes staying here? Isn't it possible he is going to NY early if he likes it?

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Well I see what hes saying. Future clients of the agent. The agent still plays a part in it otherwise they wouldn't be hired. 

The agent was pushing to fulfill these other 2 meetings, but it's not JUST for the agents behalf because what if NY or Philly suddenly outbid the Sox? I am willing to guess if he was wanting to sign today, it means the Sox either met their asking price, or are the highest bidder. That can obviously change with these next 2 meetings.

• Quin locked this topic