Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

26 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I don't blame him for hearing the other offers, but not for the agent's benefit.  The agent works for Manny.

But the agent negotiates the details of the contract. Even if the player wants to sign the first one, the agent needs to hear the other deals to get the best deal from the first one.

If there was no chance of Manny signing with them, I am sure the Yankees and Phillies would appreciate their meetings being cancelled and their time not wasted. I am sure the presentation was well done, and Manny is getting the royal treatment, and it is probably blowing him away. But, two other teams are going to do the same thing. One, he seemingly always wanted to play with. It doesn’t seem they want to go too long with him though. I still think showing him the money, and Alonso should win out. 

Besides, leaks about how this meeting is going or went, are BS. Do you think Hahn, and Renteria, and KW, and JR are live texting?

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If there was no chance of Manny signing with them, I am sure the Yankees and Phillies would appreciate their meetings being cancelled and their time not wasted. I am sure the presentation was well done, and Manny is getting the royal treatment, and it is probably blowing him away. But, two other teams are going to do the same thing. One, he seemingly always wanted to play with. It doesn’t seem they want to go too long with him though. I still think showing him the money, and Alonso should win out. 

I agree I am just worried about the Yanks blowing him away with the allure of playing for the Yankees since he’s always wanted to do that more than anything the Phillies could offer 

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

FWIW, Kaplan said on Sportstalk Live tonight that he has heard from multiple people that if Machado and Harper don’t sign with the Sox, it won’t be because of a lack of money. He adamently said that they won’t be outbid.

Not that I believe the source, but great news if true.  And let’s be honest, money typically wins out in these situations.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

FWIW, Kaplan said on Sportstalk Live tonight that he has heard from multiple people that if Machado and Harper don’t sign with the Sox, it won’t be because of a lack of money. He adamently said that they won’t be outbid.

Both, or one of them?

• Quin locked this topic