Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

20 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

FWIW: White Sox Dave basically confirmed what chili said on red line radio. Sounds like manny is set on the sox

Well, was that episode recorded today? I texted Dave the scoop earlier today, so he may have just been repeating what I gave him. Which would not make it a confirmation, just an echo, because at the time when we talked today he said he hadn't heard anyone that corroborated the info. 

EDIT: Listening to it now. Dave called me a "rando". Lol wow thanks guy. 😂😂

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Well, was that episode recorded today? I texted Dave the scoop earlier today, so he may have just been repeating what I gave him. Which would not make it a confirmation, just an echo, because at the time when we talked today he said he hadn't heard anyone that corroborated the info. 

EDIT: Listening to it now. Dave called me a "rando". Lol wow thanks guy. 😂😂

So I wanna not believe you hard, your post count is high enough to not be insta-troll, but I still refuse to believe good things can happen.

2 hours ago, Frank_Thomas said:

This guys tweets were pretty straightforward until this tweet. Not sure who is sources are but he looks to be a studen manager for UCF so there’s a Florida connection. Sorry for even doing it but it’s become commonplace these days with all the drama and intense attention we all have committed to refreshing and checking Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TedsTroop/status/1074833192484528129

Did anybody dismiss this guy yet? His tweet is completely out of no where, and of course he hasn't tweeted or replied since he said it. 

Here is the embedded version, for your viewing pleasure.

2 minutes ago, jenksycat said:

So I wanna not believe you hard, your post count is high enough to not be insta-troll, but I still refuse to believe good things can happen.

The thing that scares me is that if we get to Wednesday and Manny still hasn't signed, which it seems like his agent doesn't want to do anyway, for obvious reasons, then this whole amazing pitch could be for nothing. Phillies or Yankees could suddenly up their offer or have some shit up their sleeve to sway him. I wish my scoop was that he had signed a deal, but it's not, so as excited as I am about this, it may end up being for naught. 

49 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The thing that scares me is that if we get to Wednesday and Manny still hasn't signed, which it seems like his agent doesn't want to do anyway, for obvious reasons, then this whole amazing pitch could be for nothing. Phillies or Yankees could suddenly up their offer or have some shit up their sleeve to sway him. I wish my scoop was that he had signed a deal, but it's not, so as excited as I am about this, it may end up being for naught. 

As long as the Sox offer the most money (which we’ve all known needed to happen all along), along with whatever bells & whistles were served to Machado today, if Machado ends up accepting an offer from someone else for less, then so be it.  Nothing anyone can do at that point, and it would be a case of “it wasn’t meant to be”.  

That’s the glass is half empty reaction.  The glass is (more than) half full one is that in addition to offering the most money to Manny, the FO was also able to sell him on the experience of being a key part in what should be a very promising time during the next decade as a member of this team.  

Edited by Fan O'Faust

Machado agent doesn't mess around like Boras. Things could definitely move quickly.

I'm not even sure of the market for Harper right now. I mean other then the Phillies who already signed McCutchen where is his market? There is talk about the dodgers signing him to a shortterm deal with a bunch of opt outs. It's still early and Boras could pull another Houdini but he should have accepted that Nationals offer even if he gets 300 million (which I still think not sure why) he probably won't get much more.

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m thinking something like Madrigal, Dunning, & Adolfo would be pretty damn attractive if Micker takes another leap forward next year.

I think the Sox would need to hold on to Dane Dunning.

If they pulled off the miracle and signed both Manny and Bryce. My feeling is you wont ever have money to spend a ton on pitching. So with that said, and knowing the Sox already forecast that some prospect for prospect trades might be coming to fill holes (Hahn brought this up late in the season). I think you consider moving some of these positional prospects for young arms. Load up on young arms and hope enough do well to make this thing work. You probably can afford to move guys like Rutherford, Basabe. Hell maybe even Luis Robert for the right return.

11 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I agree with that Ross. I think first is worse. The other team's know where the 'bar' is to beat. That said, it's sounding like having his brother in law might be a bit too much for the other team's to top. Let's hope anyway.

And everyone who hated getting Alonso because it was a supposedly dumb baseball move can suck it. I know ,too soon !

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And everyone who hated getting Alonso because it was a supposedly dumb baseball move can suck it. I know ,too soon !

We’ll see.   Like the Cubs and Heyward/Darvish, it might not turn out like initially expected.  While the A-Rod deal actually worked out fine from a cost/benefit standpoint, he was pretty much the consensus best player in baseball at the time.  

From a baseball standpoint, it still didn’t ‘save’ the Rangers, either, as it hamstrung them from making other needed improvements on the roster.

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Alright what did the old ass parent crowd miss. Anything good?

Not much.  JoeCoolMan says Machado wants to sign with the Sox right now but his agent wants him to keep his remaining two visits.  He also said Machado will be staying in Chicago through Wednesday.  If you saw those two rumors, you are up to speed.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not much.  JoeCoolMan says Machado wants to sign with the Sox right now but his agent wants him to keep his remaining two visits.  He also said Machado will be staying in Chicago through Wednesday.  If you saw those two rumors, you are up to speed.

Thanks, was hoping we’d get some pics around time from some Ricky taking him to a Berlin drag show or something tight.

You mean he’s leaving Chicago Wednesday morning?   The Phillies (seemingly) aren’t getting as much time with him.  

Then NYC Thurs?

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You mean he’s leaving Chicago Wednesday morning?   The Phillies (seemingly) aren’t getting as much time with him.  

Then NYC Thurs?

Yankees are Wednesday, Phillies are Thursday.

And yes, that’s what JoeCoolMan is suggesting.  If true, I think there should be some photos of him today in Chicago.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

17 minutes ago, daggins said:

Yeah i'm thinking he probably left for NYC sometimes yesterday evening. He'll spend his off day there.

I seriously doubt he left Chicago last night.  Even if you don’t believe Joe (which is totally fair), he probably doesn’t head to NYC until this morning at the earliest.

I seriously doubt he left Chicago last night.  Even if you don’t believe Joe (which is totally fair), he probably doesn’t head to NYC until this morning at the earliest.

I had heard that he and his wife were staying in Chicago last night FWIW 

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic