Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

The back and forth game is awesome! These next two days are going to be hell.....with all the Yanks to sign Machado rumors soon here to come tomorrow and then on Thursday with all the Phillies rumors as well. I’m trying to stay even keel with all of this and might just turn off the Internet until like Saturday 😂

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Whose this guy? Seems like a real Twitter account, but no reason connection I can see as to why he would have any knowledge of the situation.

Was going to say it’s just a rando but he’s a legit person. Not a sports guy but maybe he’s connected to one?

10 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Whose this guy? Seems like a real Twitter account, but no reason connection I can see as to why he would have any knowledge of the situation.

If we sign the New York Yankees, we would be financially crippled. Let's hope we only sign Machado.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

If you want to be hopeful he could theoretically have a contact that is a minority owner and they have been informed what it would take to get him.

He's a big shot in the financial industry, so he could easily know someone/something

52 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Haven’t been following but did anyone see this from Bowden? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/status/1075189274696396800

"the smart thing they did is sign Alonso" ... NO... they did NOT SIGN Alonso. They traded for him. That literally is one of my biggest pet-peeves. There is a difference - get it right. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

If we sign the New York Yankees, we would be financially crippled. Let's hope we only sign Machado.

Maybe the Sox are trying what the Yankees did when they signed everyone. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.theonion.com/yankees-ensure-2003-pennant-by-signing-every-player-in-1819566731/amp

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

If it is really him, the guy is a CNBC personality.  He does financial reporting. 

• Quin locked this topic