Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We have no reason to believe he’s in New York.  We have a person on this board saying he stayed an extra day & night in Chicago.  Just find it odd that hasn’t gotten leaked out yet if true.

He may just be spending the day with his wife. Who knows.

7 minutes ago, Baker said:

If that’s really Ron Insana, he’s a mega- financial advisor. Very connected with the wealthy in New York. I wouldn’t take his comment lightly, if it is him. 

It’s really him, if you go to his website, it links to his twitter on the bottom 

37 minutes ago, Baker said:

If that’s really Ron Insana, he was a mega- financial advisor. Very connected with the wealthy in New York. I wouldn’t take his comment lightly, if it is him. 

I've heard that Q says Machado to Chicago.   Now that guy is well connected.  Or maybe it was Jeffrey Epstein.  Hard to keep it all straight.

I haven't seen this brought but does anyone think part of the pitch to Manny was "we are going after Harper too and we think we have a good shot at him " ? If they really want to sell him on how quickly they could be competitive that might be their biggest selling point. I think I read that MM 's agent and Boras didn't get along so I don't know if that would help or hurt .I mean you have to think being the face of a franchise means nothing if you can't convince him we are going to be winners quickly.

• Quin locked this topic