Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

3. Chicago White Sox
They're the other team that got the private tour of the SS Machado, and for the same reasons they'd be a great fit for Harper, they make a ton of sense for Machado. There has been much talk of the White Sox trading for Yonder Alonso, Machado's brother-in-law, being an enticement for Machado, but I don't know, you tell me: After last Thanksgiving, did you think, "Hey, I'd like to spend all year with those people?" Machado could be the veteran presence for all those young White Sox hitters -- which is a positive or a negative, depending on your perspective -- and they could essentially grow up around him as their centerpiece. The White Sox might not be as high profile as Machado might like, but they were more than good enough for Michael freaking Jordan, for crying out loud. The White Sox are the most fascinating team to be in on both Machado and Harper, and with all that talent in the system, they could be primed to dominate that division for the next five years … with or without Machado

https://www.mlb.com/news/ranking-manny-machados-best-suitors/c-301982248

Has NYY and Philly ahead of Sox, of course...

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

3. Chicago White Sox
They're the other team that got the private tour of the SS Machado, and for the same reasons they'd be a great fit for Harper, they make a ton of sense for Machado. There has been much talk of the White Sox trading for Yonder Alonso, Machado's brother-in-law, being an enticement for Machado, but I don't know, you tell me: After last Thanksgiving, did you think, "Hey, I'd like to spend all year with those people?" Machado could be the veteran presence for all those young White Sox hitters -- which is a positive or a negative, depending on your perspective -- and they could essentially grow up around him as their centerpiece. The White Sox might not be as high profile as Machado might like, but they were more than good enough for Michael freaking Jordan, for crying out loud. The White Sox are the most fascinating team to be in on both Machado and Harper, and with all that talent in the system, they could be primed to dominate that division for the next five years … with or without Machado

https://www.mlb.com/news/ranking-manny-machados-best-suitors/c-301982248

Has NYY and Philly ahead of Sox, of course...

I don’t get the constant Michael Jordan references. Do people not realize the Sox and Bulls are owned by the same person? Plus he never played in the MLB... seems irrelevant to all this. 

7 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I don’t get the constant Michael Jordan references. Do people not realize the Sox and Bulls are owned by the same person? Plus he never played in the MLB... seems irrelevant to all this. 

Not to mention.....he wasn’t very good at baseball 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Its more about how a superstar can flourish in Chicago than the actual athlete on a team.

5 minutes ago, Sockin said:

I normally have a White Sox search up on Twitter but I'm not doing that the next few days to keep my sanity. 

That makes the two of us, the level of stupidity about he’s going here or he is going there that is going to be posted will be ridiculous and no good news about the Sox with him will be posted until Friday night or Saturday more than likely.

Just now, StateStSports said:

I grew up loving the White Sox, but if somebody offered me a ton more money and security to play elsewhere....see you Chicago. 

This comes down to money. Pay me the most money and very strong chance the player signs with you. Simple.

The media and front offices can spin things however they want, but that is pretty much what this boils down to. 

• Quin locked this topic