Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Say what you will about his bat, but I really don't mind Engel's defense out in CF next year, whether he's between Eloy/Harper or the more likely Eloy/Palka, his glove is needed.

Not alot of lineups without at least 1 weak spot in the lineup, if Engel is the only one that's a solid lineup.

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Very possible they met for 90 minutes because of the funeral and plan to catch up at dinner tonight. 

Maybe, but it would be better to reschedule so everyone in the organization can focus. These are major organizational undertakings, and aren't handled in 90 minutes on your way to a funeral. Totally bizarre. My first impression is that it shows a lack of professionalism/serious interest by the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Why would you stick around for 10 hours if it were bad and you were Manny Machado?

I doubt it was a 10 hour meeting, and if it was, I'm sure he was aware of the length coming in. 

But you aren't going to walk out. This may be the team offering you $300 million. Would you actually leave?

In all honesty, being that it was the middle meeting I don't see how it being so short could be a good thing.  If it was the last one, I could see him just being blown away and not needing to hang around anymore but considering he's still meeting with the Phillies I just don't see that being the case.

• Quin locked this topic