Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

22 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

On a somewhat related note, how much do you guys think Machado will ultimately sign for? I'll say 350 million.

I could be wrong, but I do not necessarily see him getting that kind of a payday.

8/256 or something along those lines is hardly an offer to scoff at.

51 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I doubt it was a 10 hour meeting, and if it was, I'm sure he was aware of the length coming in. 

But you aren't going to walk out. This may be the team offering you $300 million. Would you actually leave?

They met 3 times on Monday. They met for lunch, then at the Park, and then they met later for dinner. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I could be wrong, but I do not necessarily see him getting that kind of a payday.

8/256 or something along those lines is hardly an offer to scoff at.

If that is the best offer currently, I don't think this thing is ending any time soon.  

Common sense tells me his wife would be very upset if they don't take the Chicago offer considering they signed her brother. I mean with money being about the same from wherever they go. The other possibility is Manny just tells his agent to go with the team that offers the most money and years  ... period and get back to him when that is finalized.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Common sense tells me his wife would be very upset if they don't take the Chicago offer considering they signed her brother. I mean with money being about the same from wherever they go. The other possibility is Manny just tells his agent to go with the team that offers the most money and years  ... period and get back to him when that is finalized.

He'd be the guy here in Chicago whereas in NY not so much. Anyone think that matters?

1 minute ago, Saufley said:

He'd be the guy here in Chicago whereas in NY not so much. Anyone think that matters?

Manny doesn't strike me as a guy who needs to be "the star." He strikes me as a guy who is going to take the most amount of cash on the table. 

Harper on the other hand is a dude who wants the limelight. 

Edited by Sockin

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I don't think her brother playing for the White Sox is much of a factor at all.  And as far as the money, yeah he may indeed decide to take the most money, but it'll be his decision.  He's not going to just let his agent handle everything and "get back to him."

4 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I don't think that matters a bit. He knows he's the man wherever. I'm just using common sense. The signing of the brother-in-law was masterful by the Sox considering the Sox have made it clear they will pay as much or more than any other team. My only other common sense point is usually players just take the most $$ (Hosmer to the awful Pads, etc).

Edited by greg775

14 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I don't think her brother playing for the White Sox is much of a factor at all.  And as far as the money, yeah he may indeed decide to take the most money, but it'll be his decision.  He's not going to just let his agent handle everything and "get back to him."

What do people on here think an agent does? Based on everything I've read on here the past few weeks, the players might as well not even have one.

It was especially funny when people were discrediting the value of Harper's agent, ya know, Scott Boras. There's a reason these guys get hired.

Edited by soxfan2014

• Quin locked this topic