Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s get this shit back on track.  How soon after his visit with the Phillies do we start hearing some smoke on who is the favorite?  My guess is the rumors heat up Friday and by Saturday we have a decent idea who he’ll be signing with.

I think so too, seems that Manny always had a plan, visits: bam bam bam, sign.  Gutfeeling.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s get this shit back on track.  How soon after his visit with the Phillies do we start hearing some smoke on who is the favorite?  My guess is the rumors heat up Friday and by Saturday we have a decent idea who he’ll be signing with.

That's what I'd think as well, maybe take a day to mull it over then the hot stove will get buzzing and hopefully a decision is made quickly. 

4 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I think we’re going to hear something very soon after the Phillies meeting. Think it’s going to be between the Sox and Yankees. Sox will have the highest offer. It will be up to Manny if he wants to take the highest offer (Sox) or the proven winner (Yankees).

Manny is all about the benjamins. I don't think the yankees are serious threats. Phillies have said they want to get stupid in FA. I wouldn't be surprised if they blow up the market.

Legit guys with sources have said the Yankees won't go to 300 million. Legit guys with sources have said we won't do a record breaking contract. Nooone with legit sources is saying any of that inregards to the Phillies. In fact their owner and GM have said plan to go stupid with their spending but are unwilling to go full retard.

Edited by wrathofhahn

• Quin locked this topic