Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

3 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Thome totally made “I know something face.” Just the small clip will probably be the reason I constantly check this board tomorrow.

I would be stunned if we hear anything tomorrow.  Now, if the Sox go out and sign Jon Jay (Manny's buddy), then you should probably get happy.

4 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Thome totally made “I know something face.” Just the small clip will probably be the reason I constantly check this board tomorrow.

Man I’m not seeing that!  Just a bunch of loudness and then a face.  I want to see it I want to believe!

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Man I’m not seeing that!  Just a bunch of loudness and then a face.  I want to see it I want to believe!

Yeah, think about the fact that Amsinger basically said a player would want to play for the Yankees instead of WSox and Phillies.  That's a very awkward spot for him given his history with those franchises.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I would be stunned if we hear anything tomorrow.  Now, if the Sox go out and sign Jon Jay (Manny's buddy), then you should probably get happy.

What about Chris Tillman? I know he had a 10+ ERA last year but isn't he close with Machado too? Lets lock up all of Machado scrub friends just incase Alonso isn't enough.

Edited by wrathofhahn

2 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

From the looks of it, he made the face for two reasons: 

1. He knows something.

2. He just thinks it’s ridiculous that the host would assume that a free agent would always choose the Yankees if all things were equal.

or Thome is taking a job as special assistant to Cashman and didn't want them to give it away

Okay so after I watched the video I just think Thome highly disagreed with his comment on everyone wanting to be a yankee, I didn’t get a sense that it was a smirk like I know something you don’t know....Thome playing is close to his vest. I thought he was very down the middle in that segment.

4 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

From the looks of it, he made the face for two reasons: 

1. He knows something.

2. He just thinks it’s ridiculous that the host would assume that a free agent would always choose the Yankees if all things were equal.

It looks like 2 to me.  1 is chugging down some koolaid bros

55 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Can Peavy translate this for us?

I know some people think Peavy writes like a moron because English is a second language, but I became fluent in another language when I was a child, and my grammar in that language never approached his level. Just sayin'.

Anyways, what's the latest? Are we really resting our emotions on eleven seconds of Jim Thome facial expressions? Do we need hobbies that bad?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

I know some people think Peavy writes like a moron because English is a second language, but I became fluent in another language when I was a child, and my grammar in that language never approached his level. Just sayin'.

Anyways, what's the latest? Are we really resting our emotions on eleven seconds of Jim Thome facial expressions? Do we need hobbies that bad?

I just assumed he's 14

So this is a really good Yankees insider doing a youtube update.  Doesn't have a ton of information, but the first few minutes are about Manny.  He also goes on to mention that Harper might have a worst reputation with his ex-teammates than Manny does.

1 minute ago, Hot FiRe said:

300 followers... Why do people post trash rumors from Twitter so often? I don't understand. 

Supposedly this guy broke the Ivan Nova deal before it happened. Just passing along.. feel free to scroll on by instead of whining about it. 

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic